Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Small Batch Crockpot Cannabutter Question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Shuri, Nov 18, 2010.

1. So I had a question about doing a small batch of cannabutter (1/2-1 stick of butter) in a 4qt crock pot. I would like to do it without adding the water. Any advice (I don't have access to the stove)? I have a 1 cup pyrex cup, my thought was to fill the crock pot up half an inch or so with water and place the pyrex cup with the butter and herb in the middle. It won't float, but I thought this would regulate the heat as opposed to placing the cup directly into the crock pot and let it heat through the stone and then the glass.

I'm still half stoned so if anything there is confusing please ask. Please, any help is appreciated. [​IMG]

2. Any advice at all?

3. dude i think you just need the butter and cannabis and the pyrex is over kill. Crockpots can cook at low temperature for a long time as that is what they are made to do...

4. My point with the pyrex is, 1/2 stick or even one stick of butter melted probably wont be enough to cover a 4qt crock pot bottom. I've never done it in a crock pot before, and only have enough for a small batch.

5. Well I need to start, so anyone who reads this in the next 8 hours, wish me luck. I understand its a week day so it doesn't suprise me I didn't get alot of responses. Anyone who has any advice about small crockpot batches though. Please, I'm all ears.

I'll let anyone whos curious know how it turns out.

6. So you cant do my method over the stove?

Decarboxylate first, add some water to prevent drying (since its a slow cooker) and just set the slow cooker on high. You want to let it simmer until the cannabis turns brown. you dont need to cool it for 24 hours or anything.