Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Paleo Edibles, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Once I get me some good I'm gonna try this heroic dose :p

I don't think I'm meant to use this all on one meal? :p

2. Let's not forget that this thread was buried for so long, because the only people who seemed to report success were all banned for having duplicate accounts....  :eek:

3. I have used every technique there is including yours and this is my favorite due to time effincency and effectiveness. You also inly need an amount for a single dose. Your method works but i dont have time for that, as well as money for ghe size of the batches you recommend. Hve you personally tried this method and had a smaple tested?

She has been in the cannabis community and working with edibles for decades. Did some extensive research with decarbing too. 

5. I have been reading and researching and making doses for over two years, I'm not new to this. Ive used oven, toaster ovens stove tops, double boiler (worst method) among others. I am familiar with decarb time and temps 300F for 15 min has yeilded the best products confirmed by hplc. I can get my stove set to any temp I want every time, just takes practice. I also use soy lecithin as well as a couple drops of 151 midway through the process to cause a reaction in the mix.

6. I am aware of who she is, in fact she was the first chef that I studied. She is great and great for the community. My only complaint is that people on here and in general are married to ideas an beliefs an to me that isn't a scientific attitude. Every thing I try and test is results based, if any one has a new or different idea, I research and test it. I welcome any new ideas and critisisms of techniques that I use because they mean nothing to me. I try to stay as true as possible to science and keep my biases to a minimum. Just because some one knows more than you or has done something longer doesn't make that person right. Especially since we have different goals and supplies. There is no perfect way to do this, that is the only conclusion I have reached in my research. No disrespect is intended by my post, I don't like putting people on a pedestal. Peer review is crucial to any science, and you are kidding yourself if you think this isn't science. That being said,there is certainly an art aspect to it as well.

7. #547 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013

I've done plenty of experimenting and research through the misinformation and recipes out there, never had legitimate results until I read into BKS techniques and the science behind them. I don't mean to come off as being married to her system by any means, people can make any recipe work consistently with the right amount of experimentation. However, some people don't have the money or bud to experiment and give up on edibles thinking they either can't make them, or their body doesn't use them effeciently, when really they either were following a bad recipe, or trying to spice things up in the recipe or mixing recipes for the best effects, when really they're counteracting the process.

I usually promote her work because, it's very easy to get consistent results from the very beginning. So many testimonials here to prove it, plus many people I have told in person have had success from the very first cook.

I feel like I am opening the door for the edible world for them. I don't feel like I'm telling them this is the only thing that works, because well that's obviously not true, or that I'm trying to limit them to one technique. I'm giving them confidence and experience where they won;t waste their buds or their time/patience with edibles.

But I do agree with you, I don't like when people are closed minded about beliefs or ideas because of another piece of information. I'm a chemist, and I'm fairly open to infinite possibilites and theories, and encourage others to seek out the truth and do research for themselves. Because ignorance is no way to lead a life.

On a side note, the people she was talking about who got banned, they were promoting horrible decarboxylation methods that had no scientific sustenance, for their own personal agenda. While being incredibly rude, arrogant, and troll like in the process. She wasn;t trying to dismiss their ideas because they're different from her studies, but I know she disliked them trying to spread lies and pseudo science through the community, setting the edible world back in her opinion, since many people who have problems making edibles, more often than naught, are caught in the sea of misinformation online and on forums about edibles and outdated techniques.

8. Ok, so I rarely get high, just special occasions and such (eat edibles, and never smoke).

Last time I made brownies (mid 2013) it was with about an oz to make a full batch, and each brownie couldn't have had more than about 1gm; after eating 1-2 per session over a period of weeks, I would usually get high for a few hours then pass out like a baby, wake up and high was completely gone.

I decided to get about 2-3gm during my Euro trip a few days ago to just make an oil out of and chug, to show my friend how much better edible highs are than smoking, in my opinion.

Well, since I was short on time and this really wasn't going to be anything special but killing a saturday night with a good friend, I decided to see if I could microwave the weed in oil to extract it, instead of the traditional method I had used, i.e., extract from low temps for at least 30-45 mins.

I google microwaving weed, and viola...this link came up for this forum.

I was skeptical of the claims (considering TS got banned as did other proponents of the method), but my laziness got the best of me, and I really didn't want to spend half an hour cooking it...so there I went, on to possibly waste 30 Euros worth of crappy Irish weed we got from one of my friend's friends.

I nuked the weed for 3 sessions of about 2 mins each, and fried the shit out of it for about 4-6 mins on high temp as it crackled and sizzled to a dark brown color (again, my laziness in play).

I ate about 2/3rds of it (since I'm 6'4 210lbs and my lady friend 5'4 140lbs) and she ate the rest.

It hit her fast, about half an hour. She was soooooo baked she got scared.

Took me about an 45 - hour to hit me, but when it did, man.

Again, I'd like to stress that I've been high on approximately the same amount of dosage in the past, but with the traditional extraction method, and was fine by then next morning, i.e., not high at all next morning.

But with this DC method, WOW!!!

I was soooooooo high for 24+ hours. I couldn't believe it. I woke up and thought I was going to be fine, like in the past, and could not get up without significant struggle, and that just made me start laughing for a few minutes...I was so high, it was unbelievable.

Memories from earlier in the day (the day I got high) turned into lava lamp type memories (guess that's the psychoactive part Paleo TS was talking about) and 2 days seem to blend into one...I was soooo unbelievably high.

Later, I spoke with my friend, and she was totally fine the morning after, but said she would never do that again, ever, because it just made things move and made her extremely paranoid, to the point she thought I put something in the weed. (She later confessed to thinking that she thought I was going to murder and rape her because she had never gotten that stoned off of smoking).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone shared some of my experience, and shed a little light on the psychoactive part of the DC method. Have to say, I probably will only do about .5-1gm at most next time I try this method.

Thanks Paleo if you are reading this ;)

9. ok surfing threads online about decarbing a d something badkitty smiles said made me wonder:

"Decarboxylation is a part of the natural aging process. After that step occurs, with any additional exposure to heat, you gain only byproducts ofdegradation."

If this is the case why decarb your marijuana before exposing it to the heat of cooking? Other studies I've read that decarb process occurs between 240 degrees Fahrenheit a d 400 yet she says to not go over 220? Confused

10. does anyone here familiar with the philips air fryer?? i was willing to buy phillips air fryer please if someone has an experience with it tell me is it really worth it?? how much power usage it requires?? will it consume lots of energy? and does the fired products i.e. french fries taste good??

11. Hi Dear
    I'm considering to get a good quality air fryer. Before that I would love to have some feedback on the pro and con on this appliance.
    Any reviews would be appreciated.