Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Paleo Edibles, Nov 16, 2010.

1. If the vaped bud got fried in the oil, it will work

Eat the vaped bud for more effect.

2. So I do all that, and then just add the plant/oil to the brownie mix bake and eat?

3. You can eat it straight, no more heating is necessary.

But if you want, you can separate the plant material and use the oil on brownies. I always end up eating the plant material one way or another because it contains infused oil, and some leftover cannabinoids.

4. Wow. No need to be a dick about it. Good thing that not everybody on GC is like that. Gee if everybody could be more like you, we might all be better off :rolleyes:. at least you have the balls to thank people.

5. i may just be retarded :p but wouldnt putting the bud with nothing else in the microwave vaporize the THC? also, a microwave uses a different method of heating than an oven so would it stil decarboxylate the same?

6. :laughing::bongin::poke::bongin::laughing:

7. if you left it in there for longer then a few minutes sure it would. Your doing it just long enough to Decarb it not destroy it.

You do need to worrie about your microwave because times will vary all microwaves are not the same voltage.

8. Just being a dick :D
    Yes they are all the same voltage 120v or 240v
    The wattage varies from model to model which is what you are talking about ;)

9. Dude i have a 2000 dollar convectionary oven and its way beyond 240 v. So yea there different.

10. I can just use straight up bacon lard? If so, i have a new weekend project, that orphanage didn't need roof repairs anyways, right?

11. Yeah but thats a convectionary oven not a MICROWAVE OVEN :rolleyes:

12. Using my bacon lard is fine right? If so i know what me new plans for the weekend are! That orphanage didn't reeeaally need roof repair did they?

13. So what you guys a posing is that the herb is decarboxylated when you microwaved it. So in turn if you just microwave it you could put it directly into anything even if you don't it in the oil, no? Like if you just ate it straight up it would still work?

Just trying to get some clarity.

14. If whatever you put it in has a lot of fat in it and you cook it for a bit surr.

But you should really make the oil and put it in your edible

15. #35 TokeitNbakeit, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010

if i didnt know it was a convectionary oven i would call it a microwave like everyone else i know does. They dont say hey dude. Go put this in your convectionary oven...they say microwave

made my coconut oil brownies out of 14g vape and a few grams of some kush i had layin around. Used about 1/4 a little more of coconut oil. The solid stuff. Let it melt and fried it will update on my high in a min

Attached Files:

16. #36 Paleo Edibles, Nov 18, 2010

No need to be a dick? I was being polite. Maybe I wrote it wrong, I'm thanking everyone for double checking my method. You misunderstood.

Yes and no. After 4, 5 minutes the plate you are microwaving will be hot enough to vaporize cannabinoids. But 2 minutes, the plate isnt hot enough.

Bacon lard will work perfectly! Just decarboxylate, fry until brown.

It technically will still work, I've eaten vaped (decarbed) bud just straight as an experiment, with no oil, and it got me high. But frying it into an oil after being decaboxylated gets the cannabinoids into a lubricated place (the fat), this lessens the chance that any of the cannabinoids will be destroyed in your gut during digestion. Also lessens first pass metabolism by your liver.

Well since you didn't update us, I am assuming you got fucked up on the brownies?

Yesterday I used the microwave to decarboxylate another batch, but this time I microwaved for 2 minutes, three separate times. This decarboxylated the bud even more! 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes is safe because the glass plate doesnt get hot enough to vaporize the cannabinoids.

Even if you stop it at 2 minutes, mix up the bud on the plate, and microwave for another 2 minutes, it's safe. 2 minute microwaves in two sets does NOT equal 4 minutes in the microwave. 4 minutes will burn your cannabis and cannabinoids, but two separate 2 minute sets works to decarboxylate better than once. Yesterdays batch was stronger and I used less bud, so I know that microwaving the same cannabis twice for 2 minutes each time is safe, and reccomended.

17. Im high as shit right noe. I ate the brownie as i made that post its been 2 hours and im buzzing hardcore. I cooked the vape and bud until it wad black. Like black..just goes to show that the cannaboids latch to the oil and dont vape out at high temps. My oil was well over 300 i had the therm in it the whole time. As always lubrication is the key.

I will stand behind THIS recipe 100% i will continue to experiment and make it better as well. Im so excited.

18. Thank's for reporting your expierience with the recipe and the method. I'm glad it worked, and glad you're baked. This is the only method that I know of that reccomends decarboxylation, higher heat fry until brown, and eating with a meal. But since your bud was ABV bud, it's already been decarboxylated so anyone with ABV doesnt need to be decarboxylated. Vaped bud still has vast stores of cannabinoids. In fact, you can even vape your bud as an alternative to decarboxylation, if you wanted to. Nice signature by the way.

Imagine if you had used decarboxylated, non-vaped herb in your brownies? Was the cannabis frying and sizzling? Was there lots of cannabis odor and any smoke? Just wondering. Haha I love when you're just on the edibles, so stoned and everything's perfect.

I've started experimenting on decarboxylation with microwave times and multiple microwave exposures under 2 minutes. So far it looks like microwaving for under 2 minutes, multiple times, is safe and efficient and even reccomended. Last night I was soo gone off some stuff that I microwaved twice, for two minutes each time. In the microwave, the glass plate takes time to heat up, which is why 2 minute 'trials' in the microwave make the cannabis more decarboxylated each time, and are now reccomended.

Thanks for vouching for this. Hopefully this way, more people will know it's legit, and more people will turn on to edibles and not waste thier cannabis' potential. High heat doesnt kill any cannabinoids when submerged, and frying until dark brown is the only way to get all the cannabinoids out into the oil.

If you, or anybody else on here, wants to try out new stuff, just try out higher temps or fry time lengths. But the basic rule is simple: fry until its completely fried brown. I would also love it if someone who prefers to use the oven, would try to decarboxylate on a higher (but safe) temp, but for a significantly longer period of time, and post the results. Or anyone with a food dehydrator post how long it takes and if it's worth it.

19. How much you paid for it has nothing to do with the current it draws.
    I have "never" seen a house with anything over 240v. And am quite certain if your setup was checked I would be accurate on that point.
    "It's way beyond 240v", that's tooo technical for me to follow :D

Also, a convection "oven" is not a microwave. Nor is a microwave an oven. They are two separate contraptions. Each working quite differently.

If you're going to tell people how to do something, you should call things by the name the rest of the world uses. Not what you and your buddies nick named it. Then people will know what you're talking about.

That's at least two cents worth, so I'll stop now.
    Otherwise I have to open another roll of pennies :laughing:

20. #40 TokeitNbakeit, Nov 18, 2010
    It uses over 490 horsepower not voltage thats why it cost 2g.

Nah its a microwave who gives a shit.