Proper watering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by letsgogreen, Nov 2, 2010.

1. I just germinated my seeds last night, bout 16 of bag seed since it is my first grow, just wondering what is the proper way to water then? I heard you have to have distilled water, but do you spray it on with a spray bottle or what? Also for mixing in nutes what is the best way? I know it seems hell a noobish but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
    The Nubcicle

2. 16 just to make sure I can get 8. I also bought rock wall cubes to clone if I don't have enough females. I have a 400w MH

3. You are pushing it with 8 plants under one 400W light, and really pushing it with 16.

Do you plan to go 12/12 from seed to determine sex?

Good luck.

4. Yeah I know I'm pushing it, I guess Im just banking on most of the seeds I have to be males because they are fairly old and somewhat beat up? But yeah after a week or so I'm going to use 12/12 to see what sex they are? Is it easy to tell after a few days of 12/12? Or will I have to use a magnifying glass n such?

5. Just so you know, the condition of the seed has nothing to do with the sex.

You should know within two weeks of switching to 12/12 what the sexes are.

Good luck.

6. The age/condition of the seeds doesn't determine the sex, it's already decided when it grows on the plant. I would wait longer then a week to switch, those will be some small ass plants, and MH won't really work well to flower anyways.

7. I think he is going to reveg after he determines sex. At least that was my understanding.

I don't think he ever mentioned the type of light. I think he just said 400 W.

Peace.

8. Nah he said it was metal halide.

9. You're right. :)

10. Ok so after I reveg the plants that should be where I just have females left and will a mh work for flowering or should I purchase a different bulb for flowering? Also I just bought nutes today with a 7-4-5 that is good enough for the beginning stages correct?

Thanks

11. You can use an MH bulb for flowering, it just isn't ideal. The idea is to mimic nature. So plants usually bloom in the dying days of summer and early fall. This is most closely approximated by an HPS bulb.

What kind of nutes are they. The NPK sounds OK, not ideal but it should work. If you want something that is fully adjustable to suit the specific needs of your plants, look into a three part growing system. Something like Fox Farms Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Grow big.

Good luck.

12. Ahh ok well I was on a budget as of now with the nutes, maybe after I harvest my first grow then I can really put a hurting on the ol wallet. I have another nute that is 3-1-5, I heard that was best for flowering. And thanks for the advice, luckily I bought a lightening system that I can change bulbs from MH to HPS if I desired. Just the initial investments are a bit costly.
    Anyways thanks again

13. Oh and what kind of nutes are they? Ummm happy frog, natural and organic for tomato and vegetables with active soil microbes.

14. Maybe not the best you can use out of the Fox Farm line, but they'll do.

A lot of growers believe that the line I mentioned before is specifically engineered for our lovely MJ. This would not surprise me seeing that Fox Farms is based in Humboldt County, CA. Just something to keep in mind the next time you purchase ferts.

Good luck.

15. Don't ever germinate seeds if you don't know what to do next...

16. What's the fun in that? ;)