Need some ideas from some true Tech's/DIY'ies

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jcj77d, Oct 30, 2010.

1. well i oiled & DW-40'd the other 8" window fan (500cfm), set to intake (62f outside), it still squeeks a little, off & on, but temps have dropped from 90, to 83 inside the tent, & will prob drop more as it gets later. timer is set @ 8pm to 8am, so it will get cooler.

oh, once the window fan started working again, rpms sped up on exhaust fan (not much), & it drops in rpms slightly when i put it on exhaust.

the fans are dirty, dirty, so im sure the window exhaust fan needs cleaning, & im sure the duct exhaust fan needs cleaning too, b/c the "broke, but fixed" window fan is dirty.

but once this grow is over, im gonna clean it all, & install some kinda booster fan for the duct booster fan, to help keep its rpms up.

thanks james & tih

2. My middle name was captain obvious. Didn't help much.

Take pics of the rebuild

3. Glad you got it sorted out. As a thought, you could add one of your 118cfm pc fans into the opening on the other side of your hood (the side not hooked up to the exhaust) so that it was aiding the booster fan. That depends on factors like distance from tent sides and if you are using glass in your hood, but it can't hurt and doesn't require disassembling you ducting.
    I would definitely add one to one of your 6" openings to aid air coming into the tent from the room. The problem with the passive intake method is that it doesn't account for restrictive openings and can double your static pressures.

Sorry if that's hard to follow. I've been :smoke:

ETA: thanks for the +rep

4. i didnt rebuild anything, i just oiled the window fan that was locked up,,
    though i am going to take pics of my DIY Humidifier/Chiller here in a little bit.

if your referring to when i redo everything after my grow is over, if i can remember

5. i cant, i modified my hydrofarm radiant ac 8 hood to hold 2 bulbs (hence dual 600w), so now there are bulbs/sockets on both ends, & the socket sticks out about 4" from the opening, but i did try that in the past, & it didnt help, just not enough air flow, but the 7" 190cfm clip fan did boost it some.

i think once i clean & oil all the fans, & clean the passive intakes after this grow, it will be way better, + im going to put in my diy chiller