Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pothead Vs. Stoner

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PassTheDutch, Sep 15, 2005.

1. I'm a pothead. I would rather be called a pothead because a stoner is someone who always wants to get high but never has weed. "Can I hit that?", a common quote of the stoner. Whereas a pothead usually has weed, but if not, will always get you back later. Fallen mentioned something about hippies and they definitely had it right. But, either of those names can be nasty depending on what context they are used in.

2. prefer stoner... doesn't feel derogatory.. and the word pothead, or pot, is almost always used by nonsmokers( i have noticed)... and it is a negative term they use to label us with... what i call a pothead is someone who is totally and completely hooked, not an average once a day smoker like me..

3. I think your right, I never hear anyone say pot unless there always looking for their next hit or non smokers. thats werid and requires thinking now that you mentioned it.

4. Since when is once a day not a pothead????? I say I am a pothead, but I get up every day and go to work and only get high when I get home. Either way, it's all about how it's being used. If your friend calls you a pothead, big deal. If your boss does, it's probably not a good thing.

5. ^^ you do have a point, if a friend called me a pot head It probably wouldnt matter. but people who dont toke use pothead like its an insult almost, like there better than us cause where just potheads, we grow our pot, we sell our pot, we buy our pot, we smoke our pot and we do it all over again. Stoner just sounds better, and dosent sounds so hatefull when said by people.

6. your a pothead if you cant go without that once a day smoke... i generally smoke every night but i have taken months off whenever i need a change..

maybe its just where I am from, stoners call each others stoners... pothead is seldom used..

7. i like being able to call my friends potheads/ stoners since i'm not smoking, they don't like it lol.

8. it is all propoganda. screw what anyone thinks about bud smokers

9. to me a pothead is more of a burnout, someone who is completely obsessed with weed

a stoner is a regular smoker, but isnt burntout and still gets everything done that they need to

10. it sounds that most ppl here dont like the word pothead. and i am one of those ppl. my one friend calls me a pothead, and i get all pissed, like im doing something wrong. but wen hes like, u fuckin stoner...im like "yes i am", and i say it with pride. stoner vs pothead...a stoner is just wat is means, to sit like a stone and smoke, to chill and shit. a pothead sounds more like a druggie ( bad refrence) something bad. i dunno. i guess neither are good, but fuck everyone who knocks on us. we are stoners, an army of one...lmao. (nothing else came to me there)

11. yeah its like calling anyone who drinks an alcoholic... see how they like that

12. I think a stoner is a chill person and a pot head means someone who lets pot control their life (at least to some people) I try to ignore the silly negative connotation surrounding both words.

13. Stoner sounds just like your a laid back smoker, pothead, for some reason to me sounds like someone who depends on weed.

14. There is no difference to me. People can call me whatever. :smoke: I just like to smooooke.

15. A stoner is someone who smokes weed.. they might smoke every weekend, they might even smoke a few days a week. Hell you can go through periods of smoking every day for a week and still be a stoner. A pothead (like myself), is someone who CONSTANTLY thinks and dreams about pot. I don't know about you guys, but the only thing that gets me through the day is the idea of being able to go home and smoke :)

16. I agree.

It's funny because when I'm talking to my friends (even if I'm not high) sometimes I'll trail off because I forget what I was saying or where I was going with it, and they laugh and called me a stoner. Coming from them, it's funny and it's almost like a nickname.

17. They can call me what they want, as long as i can smoke my herb its all good.

18. I think "pothead" has a negative connotation to it. stoner on the other hand... i think of someone mellow, someone cool to be around, and easy to be around. usually i associate the term stoner with regular marijuana users who have morals and ideals. i think that people that do things like stealing money for drugs, stealing drugs for money, stealing drugs for drugs, or doing other immoral crimes are unworthy of the title stoner. those can be called assholes, or fuckfaces. fuck that, not even just immoral crimes. doesn't have to be a crime. people who do things that damage nature, people who say mean shit to other people for no reason, and people who represent themselves in a way that is by no means friendly. but this is just my stereotypical stoner, lol. the kind i love to be around. pothead, however-- i think is a name that fits no category of weed-smokers. it's got a bad feeling to it, and when people call other people pothead, it's either used mockingly, demeaningly, or with bad intention. anyway, i didn't mean to offend anyone in this post, so please forgive me if i offended you. i have a lot of friends who don't fit all the parts of my stereotypical stoner, and i have no problem with the people who don't fall into the category... i'm just trying to give you guys a visual of what i visualize in my own mind when i hear the word stoner, and when i hear the word pothead. blablahblahblahblah i could ramble on all night but i have better things to do, like watch LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring blitzed.

19. I see a stoner as someone who takes a rip, when offered, over a shot. All true stoners can find eachother at a party, group together, and by the end of the night circle up and pass a joint:metal::bongin:

There is a common unconditional love that all stoners have towards the bud; an appreciation and infatuation. A respect of sorts. A pothead just uses and abuses with no knowledge. In my opinion.

20. Pothead is annoying
    unless said by a fellow stoner
    stoner is alright
    but i think being labelled stoner or pothead by anyone who doesnt toke is kind of insulting for some reason
    do any of you guys understand what I mean??