A personal expose

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by LazyWalruss, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Just talking to a friend going through some troubles on msn, and what with me being pretty stoned, I thought of how I conduct my life, and came up with this. I feel it describes me pretty well... edited more as I think of it

A wise garden gnome once said; "Do or do not.... there is no try'. He was very right.
    you want to do something? Don't hesitate, don't think, don't look just take a running leap!
    don't even bother looking down. The height only matters to people who plan on falling. Flow through your life... don't be a product of your environment, make your environment a product of you!
    just like all of us you were born, you grow, you live your life then you wither and die. It's a beautiful cycle. Those of us here who grow deal with this cycle every time we plant a seed. Be it MJ, or a single rose.

And you know what, when you end that cycle for yourself, you will go from this world forever... oblivion, to simply cease to be...Nothing else matters, except that fact.

So perform each act with perfect clarity of goal, KNOW what it is you are doing and take every step at a running pace to achieve it.
    And when you end, all will vanish, a slate wiped clean. So don't let the ideals of others cloud YOUR goal. Let not society's whimsy or political whinging stand in your way. Do or Do not.

And finally, be at peace with your own death. One day it will come, and it is best to be ready at any time, to part with not a shout, but a sigh.

from Hagakure, an essay on Bushido from the early 18th century that is compiled from the narrations of Yamamoto Tsunetomo:
    " Every day when one's body and mind are at peace, one
    should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears and swords, being carried away by surging waves,
    being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake,
    falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one's master. And every day
    without fail one should consider himself as dead. "

That's how I see the big "IT" anyway
    thoughts?

2. #2 Road RunneR, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
    I don't really understand the last quote in regards to why anyone would want to meditate like that, but I agree with the rest. As someone said in another recent thread,

Noting the last in bold, we ALL rot away in the end.

What we chose to do in life really does not matter. Celebrities, presidents, kings and queens may have impacted millions of lives, but for what? All of us die and decay, even celebrities, presidents and kings AND the lives they impacted. It's almost like life is one big talent show that we all take way too seriously.

This idea isn't to make the world a sad dark place, but if we could knock this idea out of peoples minds that everything they do is being watched and critiqued, it would cure so many mental problems such as anxiety, stress, regret, etc. etc..

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." ~Elbert Hubbard

3. The idea of meditating on the thought of one's own death is tocome to peace with it, so when death does come you accept it. Human tend to have an overwhelming and irratioal fear of death...
    It's not supposed to be a dark thing, why should it be? Simply peace of mind.