Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you stop from coughing?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NewToToking, Oct 26, 2010.

1. everytime i smoke i cough so much sometimes i cant stop coughing unless i drink water. which is nice cuz i just smoke in my bathroom out of my bong.

2. dont ghost it or hold it in for so long my motto: 3 or less then pass the rest.

3. - take smaller hits
    - put ice cubes in your water
    - use hot steaming water
    - inhale slower
    - hold the smoke in your lungs for no longer than 5 seconds

4. practice, try inhaling slowly and not rushing it down into your lungs. Take calm deep breaths, no sudden movements lol. After your throat gets more used to it you will be able to resist it much more

5. if i hold it in for 3 seconds i still cough like crazy.

6. Take a sip off your drink. Works every time.

7. dont hit it like a hooker sukkin a ****. most ppl i see coughing are taking the hit WAY too hard. this applies to any form of smoking mj...not just bongs...

1 instead of sucking it in real hard lightly inhale the smoke smoothly (practice)
    2 dont hold it for too long.
    3 dont smoke on a dry mouth as it can make it worse
    4 smoke more.

i RARELY cough these days...8 years of smoking mj btw...i take small subtle hits out of js/blunts...hit pipes and bongs with even more care as the smoke is thicker and you're getting more smoke at a time...so pace yourself.

8. There's really no reason to hold it longer than that. I've been smoking for years and I still cough on big hits, smoke is hot, your throat is going to naturally react to it.

9. the thing is when i smoke a joint i can take all the hits i want. i take like 5 hits a breath. but on my bong i sware i die everytime.

10. The only way is smoking more.

Those virgin lungs of your ain't impressing nobody, seen?

11. When you take a hit from the bong try to blow out all the smoke before you start coughing otherwise its like 20x worse. when i first started i couldn't handle bong rips until i started doing this:hello:.

12. this :)

a quick sip of orange juice or coke works for me. just a small sip too! :hello::smoke:

happy toking

13. It gets better over time, but some of use are just coughers. I cough a quite a bit, but mostly because I generally take massive rips. I remember years ago when it was much, MUCh worse though.

14. Dont start coughing in the first place. if you can manage to compose your self after a toke youll feel much better. I find that even a small cough and it will snowball into a mad fit that really hurts.

15. Laughing, helps me quit coughing. :D

16. bad idea dude, your trying to cough for a reason, you've got tar and resin coating your lungs and your trying to get it out. Also coughing opens up the capillaries in your lungs allowing more blood-THC diffusion to take place.

-to "stop coughing" do all of the above, and then go buy a vaporizer.

17. Oddly enough, taking another hit sometimes helps the coughing. But yeah, just take a drink. Or spit. That seems to help too.

18. Horrible misinformation, coughing too violently can cause damage and you don't get any real benefit from coughing, sometimes when you have a bad coughing fit you can't breath and you get lightheaded from oxygen deprivation

Especially coughing with smoke in your lungs, which if the capillaries in your lungs really did get more thc from this (which they don't) this would be offset by it burning your lungs and your throat

19. I use to cough like fuck but you get use to it after awhile and will be able to hold it in longer and take bigger hits