Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long do edibles take to set in?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Lord Cohliani, Oct 13, 2010.

1. I'm going to a haunted house with some friends. It's kinda a long drive there, and I probably wont have time to smoke right before I leave. Since I (obviously) can't smoke there I figured the best way to be high while I'm in the haunted house is to make some Firecrackers (or, possibly, peanut butter cookies).

Regardless, How long does it take for these to set in? I need to make sure it's timed right so that I'm high in the haunted house.

Thanks, in advance.

2. 45 mins to an hour. Faster on an empty stomach

3. usually takes about an hour for me to feel someting

4. If this is your first time with edibles you might want wait. My first experience with brownies I was going to dinner with family 5 hours later, decided that I'd be fine by then if I ate half a brownie and I was TOTALLY out of it, I had vertigo, blank mind, nearly bugged out. Might not want to risk having a freak out in the middle of a haunted house

5. I brewed some tea yesterday, and I didnt expect it to take 2 and a half hours to kick in.
    I had swim practice, and I gotta tell you my dude it was trippy as fuck.

But edibles kick in when your body breaks down the thc, and thats depending on how fast/slow your metabolism is.

6. Perhaps I should just try to roll a blunt to smoke in the corn maze next door before I get in line, or simply smoke right before I leave... Too bad.

7. hell no eat that firecracker an hour before you get to the place. if you can smoke too man! but even if you don't get ready for a hell of a time! :smoke:

8. I would definitely eat a firecracker or whatever edible you go with. You'll be guaranteed high the whole time. Just be careful not to overdo it.

9. eat about an hour to an hour and a half before desired effects. Its better to kick in earlier than later, especially since it takes time to peak.

10. Dont eat them on a empty stomach they give u a stomach ache . atlease every time i eat them without eating something i feel sick for like a hour while it kicks in.

11. For the best (strongest) results with edibles, you need to eat a fat-filled meal about 45 minutes to an hour before you eat your edible. The meal "tires out " your stomach, so the edible slips on through to the intestines almost untouched. The intestines dump the THC directly into the body.

These studies explain it- (they are just short abstracts- you can handle that much "Sci-Speak"! lol)

Science: Oral intake of a cannabinoid together with a meal improved bioavailability by avoiding first-pass metabolism (abst - 2009)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-prandial oral bioavailability of a novel cannabinoid receptor agonist via avoidance of first-pass metabolism. (abst - 2009)
    Intestinal lymphatic transport enhances the post-p... [Pharm Res. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Granny :hello:

12. I've had edibles take 1.5 - 2 hours to kick in before.
    I've also had them start to kick in, in as little as 25 minutes.

I usually know "it's on" when I get a slightly heavy/tingly/pressurised sensation around my eyes and forehead, it's actually a little euphoric.

13. Usally around 30 mins to an hour and half. One time i didnt feel it untill 2 hours and 15 min later, because i ate it on an empty stomache. It helps if you eat something 30 min before you have your edible.