Bare Bones Outdoor Grow Guide

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MJ Gardener, Sep 30, 2010.

1. #21 Reeds, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    The Mazar/orig.Affy I grow won't dry. I had a little mold last year. I got a food dryer this year. After hanging 3 days in front of a fan, I bud them up and place in the dryer at 95*.  By the end of the night, they're dry outside. I jar them for a day and do it again for just a few hours. Now I jar them for about 5 days. Lastly, I dry them for 1 to 2 hours as a finale dry. Jar back up. Pull air out every 2 days with your nose. Works great and speeds it along. My weed is more potent than the dispensaries.  People don't know that curing sticks the Tri's to the bud. I broke up one of the dispensaries buds and you could see a cloud of tri's blow away. It was good bud that sucked.

Attached Files:

2. Wow.  That's a lot of work.  why don't you just hang your plants in a cool dark place for 5-10 days, then when the stems snap instead of bend cut them up and jar them?  then you only have to burp the jars once a day for another week or so, then maybe once a week if that.   The part about the bud not drying, especially if the pictures you show are the bud, doesn't make any sense.  When you harvest a plant you should have already let it dry out (not water the last days of its life) so when you pull it, you only have to hang it a few days before the stems are dry enough to snap.  depending on the humidity of where you are at, my closet stays right around 60% rh night or day. quick drying is what you are doing, and you lose flavor, aroma and potency that way.  The longer and slower the drying time, along with being kept cool, the longer the bud will stay fresh and not dry out too quick and crumble, and with the cure, the trichs will mature, they will gain some potency, the flavor will ripen without retaining any of the chlorophyll you are locking in by heating the bud before its lost its moisture. 

if you think your bud is good now the way you dried it, try doing it a time tested, proven way, and see how much a difference it makes.

and don't have the fan directly on the buds, but just moving the air around the room.  its air movement that will promote even drying - having the fan directly on the buds just hastens the process and you will retain some chlorophyll or harshness if you aren't careful.  Patience is key, now.  its taken all this time to get to this point, why hurry the most important part of all?

3. All tried, IB. Harvest is dictated by the weather. I barely have time for a clean out. I've let them hang in a dry, dark garage with a small fan on low on them, for 10 days and they're just too damp for the jars. The dryer brings them way past that point and is no extra work at all. They go into the jars a little moist and dry 3 times, lightly before they go in the jars for good. All my bud is fine, with a sweet, fruity aroma and zero chlorophyll. I'm real happy with the 22oz. I have. I still have to cut up most of it. Some buds will crumble slightly.
    On the other hand, a friend gave me a nice bud from the dispensary. When I cracked it in half, the trichs flew away in a cloud! Mine doesn't do that.
    Thanks, Bro.