defoliating for HIGHER YIELDS

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by ecsd, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I also just went crazy and chopped almost all the leaves off my two plants today. I had no idea how much bud was under there. I'll post some good pics tomorrow. It's nice to see all that bud getting so much light.

I read somewhere that light's not getting wasted until it's passing through the plant and hitting the ground, or bucket beneath it. Kinda makes sense I guess.

2. Right on. Another daredevil lol.

I have been keeping up with the defoliation, but I have a question for y'all...

Am I getting carried away ??? Im downstairs each nite for a good hour, clipping off
    growth. Just leaves tho lol. No new leaves are staying on the plant for more than 3
    dayz.

Question is this: Should I keep up with this schedule, or, maybe just do a weekly
    clip ???

Whats better ??? The more opinions the better.

Freak
    :smoke:

3. It's hard to say. I have to admit that I've cut a TON of leaves just in the last week or two, seems to be plumping up nicely, so I'm ok w/ it.

4. Go slow! One is not doing a hack job. It's done with surgical presicion and for specific reason. Recall, the minimum objective is to increase air circulation in and around the canopy, AND to increase light penetration. Increasing the act of trimming of leaves outside of these parameters (training, fimm'ing excluded) should be avoided. You're a common sense guy and that's what will prevail in the end. You definitely want leafy material as that is absolutely the photosynthetic engine. But in an effort to manage the canopy for yield, selective trimming with the minimum objectives already stated being the purpose. That's it.

5. Thanx for scolding me man. I just came upstairs from :eek: ??? lol.

And...while I wuz down there being mean to the plant, I wuz pondering my next question for ya...and u answered it for me.

I wuz gonna ask: "If Im cuttin all the friggin leaves offa the plant, how is it going to be able to conduct photosynthesis AND utilize C02 efficiently, as you posted a cuppla dayz ago???".

Sometimes my common sense goes in the basket with the leaves...

Thanx buddy, knew u'd answer.

Freak
    :smoke:

6. so are you basically lollipoppin' the bitch:confused:on my mandala on some plants i topped...some i removed selected fan leaves blocking potential bud sights...and some i left alone....1 in bigger pot...1 outdoors...the difference is pretty apparent..will post some pics in next couple days...now i got some dank jarred i can play around...love it:D

7. New pics up of my thoroughly butchered plants. Bottom half of the plant has been stripped of most or all branches, then I've steadily trimmed leaves throughout it's life, and I cut a bunch more off the other day. Check out the link in my sig! Wish me a fat harvest!!

8. wow this thread is a great read. got a lot better when whygarden stopped posting :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.