Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis capsules (aka hash pills)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CurtChronic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. I made a new batch of cannabis capsules a few nights ago. These were much stronger than my previous batches from the past. These were made from trimming from my Church and Skunk #1 grows. I popped two the other night and it presented a pretty good high. Well, last night I said, "Screw it, I'll take 4". They gave me the spins I got so high, my stomach actually hurt a bit and I was just not doing great. Actually, for a while it was one of the best highs I've ever had, then the high just kept growing and expanding to an uncomfortable level.
    My wife said I looked very pale. Her high took longer to take effect, I actually plopped down on the bed for a while to sleep off some of the high. I woke up a couple hours later, still high as a kite. The wife was in the kitchen, still high as a kite, and we heated up some left over desert pizza. The high lasted MANY hours.

Moral of the story, don't underestimate the power of hash in pill form. I'm running to the store now, but I'll post some pictures of the pills later today. They are great normally, but take too many and it can make you uncomfortable.

I'm definitely a big advocate of these things, I tend to believe that they are more efficient than a lot of foods (plus not everyone likes the foods as much).

• Like Like x 1
  2. You know you gotta mix THC into a fat for it to be orally active right? Unless your hash recipe called for heat you didn't get high.

3. #3 CurtChronic, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
    lol...let me get this straight. I smoke nearly every night, yet popping these gets me so high that it made me extraordinarily uncomfortable and I had to go sleep it off, and you question whether or not I got high? :laughing:

I had hash from my trimming and small popcorn buds. Just as with my past attempts, I took a shot glass and filled it with extra virgin coconut oil (Total Fat: 22%. Saturated Fat: 65%) then put all the hash in there with it and heated it in my slow cooker for about 3 hours (keeping the temps as high as I can while keeping it below vaporization temps).

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I find it odd that the first thing you felt compelled to say after reading my story was that I probably wasn't high.

• Like Like x 1
  4. can i get the recipe man? i need to try that out asap.

5. Seriously, post a muddafuggin recipe

6. Haters just hate man, dont worry about it.
    Sounds like you were really fucked:smoking:
    When I have some trim l'll have to try this myself

7. yea thats cool dude, im down for a recipe also haha if you wanna share that is:D

8. #10 CurtChronic, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
    It's really not hard. I did my first batch by following this guide Cannabis Capsules – A step-by-step guide. - Cannabis Forums Message Boards - Medical Marijuana, Cannabis Club, Dispensary, News

But it's long winded, and makes it seem a little harder than it really is.

I don't weigh anything out, so can't be specific (in retrospect, I really wish I would have weighed it out, just so I know).

I filled a shot glass with extra virgin coconut oil (around that time no stores around me had it, now I see it everywhere. I ordered it from the internet).
    Put (what we estimate) was 2-3 grams of a keif/hash in the shot glass.
    Heat it in a slow cooker to about 230-275F and let it remain in there for about 2-3 hours just to make sure the deed is done.
    Then I let it cool for a few minutes and sucked it up in a syringe which I then fill up the gel capsules (also bought those on the internet, all stores around me no longer sold them because people were using them for illegal purposes...you know...like me). You don't want the liquid to be too hot or it can melt the gel capsules.

Then I just put them in a pill bottle and place them in the fridge for storage. REALLY simple to do. The hardest part is just finding out which setting on your slow cooker you should use since it's generic terms like "Low, High, Medium and/or Warm".

I have a digital cooking thermometer that I use to check the temp, which works great, which I also use to stir it periodically.

Edit: I hope posting a link for another forum is okay. I just didn't want to take credit for something I didn't do. It's a great guide, and I'm a huge advocate for cannabis capsules. They can be great as a medicine and equally as awesome for recreational users. These things will give you visuals like you've never had just by smoking weed. You'll feel like it's your first time getting high again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. interesting to say the least..

10. very nice... i was always told edibles were something to not be underestimated. hopefully 3 next time sets you in the right place.

I should try this sometime.

11. you've really intrigued me, i can't wait to try this out...thanks for posting the guide. much love

12. [​IMG]

Forgot to post this one.

13. That looks awesome. I'm gonna try this out very soon

14. looks great man. when i move to colorado i plan on making plenty of these so i can take them with me when i travel for work....

do these smell at all? i see no problem throwing them in with my adderall in my suitcase and calling it a day..

15. No, they don't have a smell. But they can cause a couple small burps that might taste a little like weed.

16. Don't smell, but i am pretty sure you are supposed to keep these in the fridge, or at least in a cool, dry spot. If you're going to put them in your suitcase, unless its freezing, id probably put em in a bottle in a mini cooler or something, just to make sure the potency doesn't get fucked up. But that's just me, im totally OCD about all things weed:D

17. Dude, This is brilliant. I really wish i had the time and patience but i think i will make both for something like this. Really well done.
    does it differ at all to other edibles or just smoking hash ?
    And those pictures are fucking kickass, professional style photos with wicked quality about hash pills. I am pretty sure there is nothing about this thread that i dont like.

18. haha, well thank you. This will have the same effect as edibles, because it's the same process as most edibles (heating it up with fatty substance), just simplified in my opinion.