Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis capsules (aka hash pills)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CurtChronic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. incredible photo quality man, i could see that shit on the cover of high times magazine. nice innovation you've made there

2. Someone mentioned Adderall, which made me think about extended release capsules. So i guess my question is, What do you think 2-3 pills in an extended release capsule would be like?
    :confused:
    Or You could take 2 and when you start to feel them take the other 2, maybe, I don't know. It was Just a thought.
    :confused_2:

3. Just time when you take them so the effects don't end. Once you start taking them you will understand. I have been able to stop smoking my meds, now I only smoke socially sometimes and all my guy friends don't smoke so it gets in the way and I hate sneaking around to get away from kids and then take 20 mins to medicate. :hello:

4. Can you use shwag or mids for this?

5. Yea but I like to use A grade buds.

6. nice...

i miss being at that level

7. Sorry to ressurrect a dead post but I wan't to get some input on this and it is related.

I am under the impression that coconut water is similar to water in that it cannot get hotter than 100 degrees C. Which is not hot enough to burn THC. The way I see it, (I haven't confirmed this though) once you put the marijuana particles in liquid it is impossible to vape because the liquid simply does not get hot enough to vape it. Has anyone tested this theory, I am sure others have come up with it.

8. BadKittySmiles has a very, very, very, indepth guide on how to easily make these pills. Please search her up.

9. Vaping and degradation are two very different beasts, but both ultimately result in reduced potency. If you over-boil your cannabinoids in water, they will still degrade rapidly, without producing vapor. This is why it's crucial you use a pure edible solvent, such as oil, rather than one diluted with so much water... it promotes increased levels of bioavailability, long before much degradation can occur. It's why it is now recommended that, you not only use butter alone, but clarified butter which has had it's water content (and milk solids) removed.

If you truly wish to avoid severe temp spikes or heat exposure, simply use your oven at a gentle/low temp, or a double boiler on the stove top... a double boiler can be made by inserting a smaller pot, inside a larger pot containing a few inches of water/ This provides an actual buffer between your cannabinoids and the heat source, without diluting your solvent.

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Capsules, Edibles, Drinkables and more..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. #30 Salseronegro, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Here is the recipe I used yesterday
    (1) gram girl scout cookie crumble 74.43% thc
    11.5 ml coconut oil
    (1) 20cc syringe
    (14) 00 gel caps
    Crockpot

Mix coconut oil and GSC crumble in an oven save container
    Cover container with tin foil place container in crockpot on high for 1.5-2hrs
    Remove container and let cool slightly
    Suck up liquid into 20 cc syringe (about 12 ml)
    Put oil from syringe into the capsules

Math:
    74.43% thc = 744.3 mg of thc
    744.3÷14 =53.16. So each pill will contain about 53%thc
    The 00 capsules fit about .81 ml of liquid
    11.5 ml of coconut oil ÷ .81 =14

14 caps of hash pills at 53%

INVESTMENT
    1 gr GSC crumble. $40
    1000 00 gel caps $20 delivered amazon
    14 0z jar Organic coconut oil $6 walmart

COMPARISON
    dispensary (5) caps of 50 mg thc $50

1. Close. You are correct to calculate that each capsule can have a maximum of 53.16 milligrams of THC. However, so long as the liquid isn't diluted, the capsule is still maximum 74.43% potent.
    2. I'm guessing this was a rough estimate, as you'll actually have (maximum) 19.7% of a capsule leftover -- good to use this value to account for spillage.
    3. Again, the capsules contain a liquid at 74.43% potency. The capsule itself will have about 52.5 mg THC, though this value doesn't necessarily correlate to 53% potency.
    But yeah, instead of paying $10 for a 50mg capsule, you're now essentially paying (at most) $5 for a slightly more potent edible. Congrats!

11. BrassNwood, Apr 30, 2016
    [​IMG]
    An oil is likely the simplest to make and it's what I make and use the most of as it's gets me the most bang for my material I feel..
    Coconut oil is the top choice here as it's has a couple of special properties we like.. First off it needs no body bile to start to break it down so it's absorbed by the body faster then other oils.. It's a liquid at about room temp making it easy to work with..
    Soy lecithin is also recommended as it aids in the bioavailability of the material.. ( Liposomal encapsulation ) makes better use of less material.. Less sugar sweeter, fewer meds more effective.. It's in an amazing number of foods and medicines..
    coconut oil = regular market
    soy or sunflower lecithin = health, vitamin shops.. This can be liquid, granules or powder..
    small stainless dishes = pet store cat food dishes
    Junked toaster oven = found at curb on trash day, bypassed burned out timer..
    oven thermometer = market
    eyedroppers = market pharmacy isle
    size (0) caps = health-vitamin shop
    I was able to procure all items locally once I started looking around..
    I'd been making dry ice hash for a while so the step to oil was an easy one but make no mistake my first few attempts were bud based and quite effective so you can just substitute decarbed well powdered bud for many of the recipes.. If you really don't like the dusted material in your oils and tinctures you can strain with suitable stainless meshes, multi layer cheese cloths or a fine micron mesh like 73..
    [​IMG]

5 grams kief-hash decarbed
    3 tea spoons coconut oil
    1/2 tea spoon soy lecithin..
    Blend and heat 20 minutes @ 220 degrees F then freeze.. 2 or 3 more heat and freeze cycles will change more of the THC to lesser cannabinoids and bring up more couch lock sleep aid then a single heat and freeze will..
    [​IMG]
    I use this coffee cup warmer to keep the oil nice and hot while capping.. Stir just about between each cap as the hash tends to settle and you want as uniform a mix in each cap as possible..
    The finished oil can be used in about any baked or consumed goods you can think of..
    Just be aware in the case of my hash based oil that's about 30 very potent doses..
    This stuff is not to be trifled with as it can put you on your knees with the spins and puking for 4-6 or even 8 hours..
    [​IMG]
    Sneak up on it gradually to find your happy place.. Again exercise caution until you understand just how potent this oil can be.. Licking the tools and the dishes can cause an extremely uncomfortable several hours of near misery.. Despite my telling you all this your still likely to come very close to green out your first few experiments so take care.. Smoking will amplify a low background dose of oil so have some smoke an hour or 90 minutes after consuming.. Wait 90 minutes or more before adding additional doses..

BNW

12. #33 Salseronegro, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Well I figured the 'math' was wrong, but, they're pretty potent, and takes me where I'm trying to go, and if I take 2......boom goes the dynamite

• Like Like x 1
  13. I surely wasn't trying to call out your math; rather, I just knew how to quickly update the thread with correct values and I thought it might be of use to someone. Glad to hear your capsules are working the way you'd hope they would!

• Like Like x 1
  14. No worries, I'm still new to this, and I figured the math was probably incorrect, but that was the best way it made sense in my head. Learning new things every day.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pictures:
    The one on the left has been in the fridge, the one on the right hasn't

Attached Files: