Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Half-life of THC?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by adambommb, Sep 10, 2010.

1. #1 adambommb, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
    So i quit smoking bud 2 1/2 weeks ago so i can get a job, i drink a lot of water, so im pretty sure im 100% clean right now. before i quit, i would smoke pretty damn small vaporizer bowls, so its not like i was smoking a lot.
    my question is, if i were to smoke once how long would it take before it was 100% undetectable by a urine test?
    you hear everywhere that even if you smoke once its 30 days, thats obviously bullshit. but ive also heard friends and read stories of people smoking blunts and passing tests the very next day, can anyone enlighten me on this subject?
    it would be greatly appreciated!:)
    i wanna smoke some buddha!:eek:

im 5"11 and weigh 170 approx. 18% BMI if that matters.
    ive also heard it depends on your metabolism, i eat 4 meals a day if that could give you some idea.

also, theres really no scheduled date for the test, im just wondering how long i would have to wait before applying to avoid complications with the drug test.
    thanks!

2. When the test?

Depends if your a regular stoner it will take at least a month to leave system.

Just dont smoke. Im a hypocrite cuz I just smoked a bowl

Lawl rawr meow ooooo :D

3. Piss tests from what iv'e been around are some of the most inaccurate drug tests ever created for some reason, my friends smoke 3 blunts and the next week nothing shows up, if you have 30 days before the test(just to be safe) go for it but otherwise I would just play it safe until you get the job, remember weed is only a life enhancer not a life priority. (sorry im being a hipocrite im just trying to give good advice haha :smoke: )

4. wow why would this get moved to apprentice tokers.... ive been smoking for years, and apprentice tokers wouldnt know shit about the half life... doubt most of them know what half life means..

5. #5 DRTYDUB21, Sep 10, 2010
    well, the half-life of THC has nothing to do with how long it takes to leave your fat cells. So do you really know what half life means?

Tetrahydrocannabinol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 1.6-59 hours

6. Marijuana's effects on the body and the speed at which it leaves the body (the detection time) is dependent on many variables, but especially on the strength or potency of the marijuana (the amount of THC contained in the plant). It has been estimated that marijuana can have a half-life (the amount of time that it takes for half of the total amount of drug taken to be eliminated from the body

7. #7 DRTYDUB21, Sep 10, 2010
    "A biological half-life or elimination half-life is the time it takes for a substance (drug, radioactive nuclide, or other) to lose half of its pharmacologic, physiologic, or radiological activity. In a medical context, half-life may also describe the time it takes for the blood plasma concentration of a substance to halve ("plasma half-life") its steady-state. The relationship between the biological and plasma half-lives of a substance can be complex, due to factors including accumulation in tissues, active metabolites, and receptor interactions.[5]
    While a radioactive isotope decays perfectly according to first order kinetics where the rate constant is fixed, the elimination of a substance from a living organism follows more complex kinetics.
    For example, the biological half-life of water in a human is about 7 to 14 days, though this can be altered by behavior. The biological half-life of cesium in humans is between one and four months. This can be shortened by feeding the person Prussian blue, which acts as a solid ion exchanger which absorbs the cesium while releasing potassium ions."

8. Lol. They were using the word half life, as a literal combination of the words half, and life.

They weren't using the term half-life.

9. Thats nuclear half-life, OP seems to asking about Biological/pharmaceutical half-life

10. I'm pretty sure that they were just using the term half and the term life and joining them together to create the definition half of a life.

Not the denotation of the word.

11. Who was?? :confused:

12. that post makes me feel stoned^

13. He used Half-Life wrong, who cares, let's move on ? :hello:

14. He didn't use it wrong. But he quoted wikipedia in order to prove a point that they said half life, when they didn't say it in the way he was meaning it.

Wikipedia.

15. Stop bickering about terms, you all know what OP meant.

My advice is to be scientific about it. If you can't find a legitimate test on how long it takes for THC to leave your body, then buy your own disposable drug tests and try it out for yourself.

If you've ever taken a science class, you should know about the scientific method of conducting a proper experiment.

Good luck, OP.

16. #16 DRTYDUB21, Sep 10, 2010
    Its not wrong, Biological half-life is different from nuclear..

Please tell me whats nuclear about weed? obviously OP was talking about a biological half-life, and no its not half and life its still half-life.

17. no no no no,his talking about Half Life

[​IMG]

:D

18. No, I think he actually meant:

[​IMG]

19. THANK YOU weednotcrack! finally someone knows what i was talking about!:D

20. Would you rather get a job or smoke weed?

I'd say take the 30 day t-break then celebrate :hello: