100% Additive-Free cigarettes. Anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpiralStatic, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Yo, supz. So I smoke, and I've noticed there seems to be a bias against cigs here. For the most part, in some cases, some of the time, anyway.

But what about additive-free, pure tobacco cigs? American Spirits would be the most well-known, but there are a ton of other brands without the chemicals.

I just don't understand why anyone would bother to smoke anything loaded with things that aren't tobacco. Addi-free cigs have "25% more tobacco than regular cigarettes." They're the same size. Which, as one can logically conclude, would mean that other seegz are 25%...chemicals.

Burning chemicals in your lungs = gnar.
    Smoke in your lungs from a plant found growing from the ground = all right!

Just curious if anyone else on ze boards enjoys these as I do. And, if not, why do you smoke other brands? I do enjoy discussing this, I become quite the lobbyist at times.

Carry on.

2. Try those new ones that vaporize the nicotine, I hear they're amazing.

3. Look, I'll smoke a blunt if somebody offers, but I'm not a big tobacco smoker. I would much rather smoke up the sweet sweet ganja than tobacco. Most people smoke cigs because its a kind of stress relief or because it's a social thing to do. But ganja does both of those things! I'd rather smoke up a joint that will barely affect my lungs as opposed to a cigarette which, if I started smoking alot, could have adverse effects on my lungs.

I'm totally chill with everybody who does smoke cigs, I just decide not to.:smoke:

4. I fuckin love american spirits, i don't feel half as bad smokin those than regular red's

5. American Spirits have a smaller filter, and a bigger Diameter than normal cigs (except for camel wides) That's why they say 25% more tobacco. As far as them being chemical free, that is bad ass. According to the American Cancer Society, 60 of the 4,000 or so chemicals in cigarette smoke are linked to cancer. But I don't know if that's worth the extra $2.00 a pack (that's what it is around here) In my eyes, There are so many things nowadays that cause cancer, your bound to get it at some point.

6. I used to buy Native brand and really liked them.

The Gov't decided in their infinite wisdom to make it illegal to send cigs through the mail though and the trip to the nearest reservation makes it cost prohibitive. :(

7. Fuck the government.:smoke:

8. tobacco is still grown with radium 226, so theres I might as well get good ones.

9. You do realize that even on their web site it says:

"No additives in our tobbacco does NOT mean a safer cigarrette"

word for word....

10. only "safe" way of ingesting tobacco is through an E-cig.

11. smoke what you want guy. but nicotine is addictive. and smoke isnt good for your lungs.

12. American Spirits are banginn but they're mad expensive... I don't think it's necessary to spend practically 9 dollars (Jersey prices) on cigarettes just for them to be additive free. If think if you're gonna smoke, it's going to be bad for you either way, so it doesn't really make that much of a difference.

13. none of them are 100% chemical free now man, they all got that FSC shit. Unless you order the overseas or roll your own.

14. #14 Carl Weathers, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    At the end of the day, it's not the additives that are gonna kill you, good old tobacco smoke does the job just fine on its own. I recommend trying your hand at growing the plant, and then putting it into a vaporizer. Won't prevent heart disease but at least it will give your lungs a break.

15. I smoke spirits.

16. Grow your own :D

17. American Spirits are a lot cheaper where I live in Jersey.

18. I agree. I bought some tobacco seeds online that are suppose to have like 60% more nicotine in them than normal tobacco plants. So i can roll a pinner and bee ok.

19. There is no such thing as a non addictive cigarette. Who the hell is teaching America's youth? TV?

Nicotine is in the tobacco plant it's self and as an additive. So even though American Spirits use "no additives" thrust me there is still nicotine.

20. My friend has an old indian friend who grows his own tobacco. American spirits don't taste natural to me at all. They still have the anti fire coating on the paper. But I got a bunch of tobacco that the indian dude grew and it literally is sweet when you hit it without lighting it. It also tastes a million times better than anything I've ever bought at a store when lit too.