Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make kief?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mrmarijuana, Aug 31, 2010.

1. How can you make kief? what quality of bud do you need to make kief? How much weed can make how much kief?

2. You don't really "make" kief, you collect it - there are several ways to do so, the easiest is with a grinder that has a kief catcher. I have a bubble brothers kief box that I use - it's a fairly large wooden box with three mesh screens in descending sizes. I grind up my material on the top screen and use a card to then scrape the ground material over until I've got a good amount of kief on the lower two screens.

As for amount produced, it's all dependent on the actual strain that you're using. Sometimes you can get a ton of kief out of an 8th, sometimes not, but usually if I'm doing a whole 8th I'll get at least a 1/2 gram of kief.

There are other devices, tumblers can get kief off without damaging the underlying material (that's what dealers use when you've gotten "kiefed" weed)