Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Make Hemp Oil Cheap and Easy!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ThePhantom, Aug 25, 2010.

1. That condensed vapor isn't gonna be as pure as BHO. Condensed vapor contains chlorophyll and other non-medicinal plant material, whereas (clean)bho is ONLY the essential oils (containing cannabinoids). Although for her purposes of eating the oil, it wouldn't really matter about purity, BUT she's wasting lots of time making the oil using that technique and crappy conduction vape. She could have made her medicine like any hash using an extractor tube and ran a few ounces at one time instead of having to load the vaporizer, wait 30+ min, and scrape with spatula 3 times a day.

2. i think you're kinda missing the point of using these tools to make oil on the cheap... i mean, not everyone has the means or resources to get large amounts of Cannabis to make BHO or whatever...

besides, isn't butane kinda toxic? (looks like it is. Butane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

3. ^^ That is why you insure all the butane has a chance to evaporate (boil) off. It does so at room temperature and can be speed up with hot water or a heating pad under the tray. :wave::smoking:

4. granted... and i will agree that well made oil is f@cking amazing (potent, tastes nice, smokes smooth) however, i've had my share of bad oil in the past that's kinda made me a little leery of buying it. that and i don't have access to the dispensaries in california so there's no guarantee of quality when i'm able to pick up.

to be honest, this method sounds like a good way of getting cheaper oil in small portions (and who says you have to let ALL the vapours sit in the globe? a hit for me, a hit for later... a hit for me, a hit for later ;))

5. Ha ha, good idea ReallyRed. It appears you've had chances to try oil in the past. Good stuff, isn't it?

6. oh yeah! tbh as much as i like Cannabis in it's natural form i like hashish and oil better. problem is not many people have it where i'm at.

though, i know that with this, it's better to eat it than smoke it but last i checked, i didn't have any cancers or other diseases in my body.

(*my brain/mental state? that's another question entirely.*)

7. Yeah smoking it is probably better if you just want to get high, although I can attest that if you eat a lot of it you can get even higher than smoking. One time I ate a fairly large amount before going to sleep, and I was not high at all. I woke up in the middle of the night one of the highest I'd ever been in my life, and it was pretty crazy. I only did that once because oil is a precious resource but it was a good experience.

8. you can build a bho extraction tube out of very cheap items and it is really simple actually. I was lazy and bought a honey bee extractor tube for 35 bucks but you can build one out of a modified stainless steel turkey baster, a screen, a hoseclamp, and a tubber stopper for under 15 bucks.
    people think it's harder to make than it is because they don't take the time to read up on correct procedure/tools. after that, it's easy as pie and doesn't take more than a couple hours to make.

9. when SWIM had a glass dome vaporizer, indeed lovely marbley goo accrued on the inner surface of the dome. It was harvested and enjoyed. Didn't know it could cure cancer ;)

10. Yeah making QWISO or BHO is very cheap, aside from the bud. The very best oil is made with high grade whole bud, not shake or stems or leftovers. It's expensive in that regard unless one grows it. Harvesting oil from a vape is a good poor man's solution to the problem.

11. That's the perfect way of putting it, oldskool. There are definitely better ways to do this than with a vaporizer, but at least it works this way for people who have no other choice. Hopefully this information will spread and more people will become interested in this.

12. I just got the book "Live Free or Die", the book by the woman in this video. Reading it... makes me more angry than I have ever felt in my entire life. This book is DETAILED. Shona's pain is so great, and the relief she attained through this medicine is incredible, yet it is denied to people because of mass ignorance and pure evil. There is truly a genocide occurring right now, the greatest in history, and everybody here suffers from it in one way or another.

This book is a very easy read, and it's really cheap. Please get Live Free or Die and read this for yourself. It is truly enlightening.

13. Thank you for the post. I watched the same video a few days ago and was interested in her story. I will pick it up!.

14. #34 c3bhm, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
    Just bought her book myself, after watcher her amazing video, and am now half way through it.
    It's written in a very sweet and authentic style...like by a normal human being rather than some kind of English-Comp. professor.

She deserves every ounce of support that the universe sends her way, so I encourage everyone to buy a copy if your 'intuitive guides' flow you in that direction...even if it's just a whisper - honor it, for her.

Above and beyond that, I really have a strong hit, cerebrally and intuitively, that she could be SO perfect for an appearance on a mainstream shows like Oprah. It'd be great if someone w/ web-'skillz' could get an online petition going for something like that... (like how the public got Betty White to be on Saturday Night Live, and how popular Zack Anner's 'campaign' got). I believe that if that slice of the mainstream public could see and hear and 'feel' her, there's something so real and authentic about her story and Being that a little light will ding on in peoples' souls. Something like that could be a quietly monumental shift forward in normalizing the usage of cannabis in our culture. The cannabis-culture/community is pretty huge out there, and a little campaign like that could get huge even if it's only just us-types pushing it!...

15. Me too.
    THEN AGAIN, I firmly believe that 1/2 of the overall healing and spiritual power that cannabis has is some kind of 'shamanistic' plant-'spirit' that scientific-method won't be able to even *begin* to nail down for decades to come.
    I get the sense that there will always be a beautiful, organic, poetic symmetry in this world in which 1/2 of life can be scientifically mapped and confirmed and predicted, but that at the same time the other 1/2 will always be that 'mystical' side of things that eludes any studies or experiments or clinical trials.
    We are such a left-brained society that I'd hate for marijuana to be required in any way to 'establish' itself as a 'valid' medicinal tool inside only that left-brained paradigm of experiencing and perceiving the world around us.
    It's fantastic whenever we CAN make scientific discoveries that establish 'proof' of validity, because then our left-brained society loosens up a bit and becomes more tolerant, and maybe even approving - but we need to be careful about over-indulging that way of judging it. That's only 1/2 the picture, and while I certainly honor the power of science, we need to hold space for the elusive science-defying 1/2. As *equally* valid.

16. I'm not so sure about that plant spirit stuff but it's quite possible. There are many things in this world we don't understand, and cannabis really is special. Although all human, plant, and animal life is amazing...

But what really matters is the results. Nobody honestly knows how it works yet, but we can figure that out later. What matters is what we are seeing now.

17. Yeah, the 'plant-spirit' stuff is fairly new to my life, and I've come at it all with what I feel is an open-minded skepticism - I'm a huge supporter of rationality and scientific method vs. getting carried away w/ hippy-dippy notions - but at this point I truly believe there's SOMEthing to it. Something huge.
    I'm not at all into crystal-healing or past-lives or that kind of thing, but there's something 'real' going on with entheogens like marijuana, mushrooms, peyote/sanpedro, and ayahuasca. So many grounded and rational and intelligent people are finding some kind of 'intelligence' inside these plants, OTHER than their own personal projections.

I'm betting that the healing properties of marijuana are AT LEAST half due to whatever this mystical interaction is, rather than just the nuts and bolts of the molecules of the THC/CBD interacting with the cells in our bodies. I believe the healing is in large part psycho-spiritual rather than mostly some kind of 'mechanical' relationship.

An amazing book that kicked it off for me, and gives wonderful context and cultural usage-background for several shamanic traditions, for several plants, is:
    "Plant Spirit Shamanism" by Ross Heaven

18. I've been learning more and more about hemp oil and its purported healing powers, and I think it's a wonderful thing, but over and over I'm hearing the users say that it's not really making them high.

I don't get this. If a POUND of bud is creating 2 ounces of oil, the dollops of oil they are ingesting should have a powerful THC/CBD content. How is that not producing a high?

19. If you take it in a small enough quantity, you won't get high. But I can assure you, you absolutely CAN get high from this stuff, and very high indeed. The people you are hearing this from must have not taken enough to get high, but even if you don't have that much, you'll still get the healing.

20. that and if they're basically using it chronically, their tolerance probably goes up enough to make getting "high" off it tricky.... if i recall, the Rick Simpson video kinda mentions starting off with a smaller than normal dose for the first week or so.