G-13 Haze, Sensi Star, Super Lemon Haze, Blackjack

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Medicinal-Tommy, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Nice set up dood. Think I'll pull up a chair and take a few notes. I am especially interested in that G13-haze ya got looking all tall sexy and ready to fill up with buds.

I was planning on giving Barney's Farm some of my money at the end of Oct and the 4 I got on the list are Acapulco Gold (f), Vanilla Kush (f), LSD(f), and the G13-Haze(f) so you got my attention twice.

Got an extra second check out my 2 grows....Second Shot At It in the indoor journals and also my other one in outdoor growing titled Now The Fun Begins.

2. #22 Medicinal-Tommy, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
    LST (better known as Low Stress Training) This method should be done early during veg. I could tie down the top cola's but it sure does effect the way the main cola comes out. I believe its too late to do a effective LST on my G13 plants.

I always assumed LST went with scrog growing. But I guess alot of people do it, and I should start doing it, because I plain ass grow my plants too fricking tall.

3. Sure I would love to check out your grows, just put a link to them in your signature.

4. #24 slocal, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010

Sweet! A blackjack grow is what I've been meaning to follow. I'm very interested in the strain. Subbed in for the ride!

If LST it right, it can come out near as full as a scrog. Click on my sig to see how dense it can get.

5. Yo mang! Yeah you'd have to try it next grow. I think is method might be easier to work with then SCROG, since the plants arent attached to anything but the pot. Here's some pics of my LST Rasberry Caugh, it's my first attempt, so I'm still working on my technique. I wanted to get the stem to make a circle, but didn't quite turn out that way! :rolleyes: This girl could be in better shape, however I'm trying to keep her in suspended animation till I have more room in my flowering area. The BlackJack next to her is about the same age (8-9 weeks?), even the BlackJack topped I topped at about 22" is taller than the RC. I think for any tall plant, LST might be the way to go. I'm actually planning on my whole next grow to be LST so see how different strains do with it. I'm really curious how the buds will turn out compared to my "all natural" RC. I'm thinking many main colas will be better then one big one. :)

Attached Files:

6. Yo dood. Wanna see a LST? All4 of my outdoor girls were cut at the 4th node and then tied down. ( They do seem to love the bondage) and now you can find em easy!!!!!:wave::wave:

7. A couple of pictures to update my LST efforts.:p And of course a update on my outside LSD plant.

Attached Files:

• 056.JPG
      056.JPG
      File size:
      790.3 KB
      Views:
    • 052.JPG
      052.JPG
      File size:
      824.9 KB
      Views:
    • 046.JPG
      046.JPG
      File size:
      494.4 KB
      Views:
    • 035.JPG
      035.JPG
      File size:
      759.6 KB
      Views:
    • 033.JPG
      033.JPG
      File size:
      916.9 KB
      Views:
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      668.5 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      600.6 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      729.4 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  8. Yep that is a good example of LST. But fighting a outdoor plant seems somehow like your defeating the purpose of a outdoor grow in general. :confused:

I do understand being in a neighborhood where you dont want anything too big. ;)

9. Update, been having a problem with my G13 Haze plants. Nothing major just the color is gone and a few brown spots on the leaves.

I found a guy that had the same exact issue with his G13 Haze, so this is what I wrote him.

Hey I was doing a google search and came across the same problem you were having with your G13 Haze. I am just wondering how you solved your issue. All the color in my G13 plants have went from a beautiful green, to a sickly yellow, and I have brown dots on less than 10% of the fan leaves. I figure the dots are definitely a nutrient deficiency. As far as the yellowing I am not too sure. But my G13 plants look identical to yours in the pictures. My ph meter's probe is busted so I ordered another about 3 days ago, I am using Ocean Forest potting soil. I have only used General Hydroponics Flora Bloom 2x in 17 days, a pretty good feeding both times. And spread apart. My water I take from a 55 gallon drum, the ph of my water is 7.0. Its good but its city water so I let it sit for at least 3 days to burn off the chlorine. I picked up some Monster Bloom today, supposed to be good for high Phosphorus. Just wondering what you did to fix your plants. I want them to flower without further indecent. I am slapping myself around for not noticing my ph meter's probe being busted. It was stuck at 6.9 so I was testing lots of things with terrible results and adding and lowering ph according to a busted probe. \t\t

This is where I found the guy I am asking the question too:
    suggestions for my plants? pretty please - Page 2

10. I am watching this issue closely now. As I said G13 is one of the next to go into my garden. ( I assume it is Barney's Farm you have) I will be taking notes on the answer you get.

How's that beautiful LSD doing now. Updare pix soon?

11. Ok maybe I should ask in my favorite forums and my personal thread, what would cause my beautiful G13 Haze plants, to turn so Yellow. Next to the buds the greenery is just about perfect, however the other 60 percent of the plant that is not near the bud is a really light yellow. Nothing wrong with the leaves curling, or the tips being a different color, the leaves are just a perfect yellow, than I have the phosphorus deficiency spots on about 5-10 percent of the fan leaves. I am correcting that with Monster Bloom. But until I get my ph meter I feel helpless. My growing life resolves around keeping my ph perfect. UHG

Its like a mechanic that gets a check engine light in a car, but his meter that he uses to check for codes in the brain of the car is busted. :(:confused::eek:

12. Looking A1 brother grower....I have a G13 Haze going about 3 weeks into 12/12...and it looks just like yours...tall lots of bud sights...I super cropped mine to stop stretch on two mains....worked out great....glad to see your LST is working....you will be able to get them even lower a little at a time...I have been doing LST for a while....best time to bend them is 1/2 hour after watering...thats when they are most flexible...Will be watching closely ....Interested in seeing these pack on the buds...Peace
    Weeds is great show...have netflix and watched from start to 5th season :)

13. Sounds like they need shot of N ... to green them up a bit

14. Weeds is a great show? I had watched all the seasons, and was waiting for this new season to start, I have seen the first 3 episodes of this season just a few night ago. What do you suggest for a good shot of N. I have just kept the main cola's tied down, They seem to be doing great.

One of my G13 Haze plants seem to be maturing way better than the other, on the super tall plant the buds are like perfect, on the other plant they are sort of retarded looking.

Attached Files:

• 082.JPG
      082.JPG
      File size:
      464.1 KB
      Views:
    • 081.JPG
      081.JPG
      File size:
      466.5 KB
      Views:
    • 084.JPG
      084.JPG
      File size:
      599.5 KB
      Views:
    • 097.JPG
      097.JPG
      File size:
      907.3 KB
      Views:
    • 098.JPG
      098.JPG
      File size:
      967.5 KB
      Views:
    • 092.JPG
      092.JPG
      File size:
      967.9 KB
      Views:
    • 078.JPG
      078.JPG
      File size:
      423.6 KB
      Views:
  15. I see you mentioned PH issue....that of course will lock out nukes...so adding more N to green up plant might not work until plant can absorb it. Once i felt ph issue was solved i would hit them with bat guano
    Mexican Bat Guano (10-2-1). This type of guano is very high nitrogen. This makes it perfect for the vegetative stages of growth. Even when the plant is young it can be fed a dilute mixture if the soil happens to contain very little nutrients. This type of guano can be used throughout the vegetative stage of growth.
    Different growth in plants could be one absorbing flowering nukes more.

Different nukes are locked out at different ph levels....I try to start at 6.4 for soil and gradually increase it during life of plant to 6.8 so i know all nukes are covered.
    user17219_pic14203_1233853343.gif

16. Yay, more pictures. LSD is outside, and in a pot and root bound. But nevertheless it looks tasty. I had to remove about 7 huge fan leaves from the sensi star plant. So it looks small now, it was either remove the fan leaves or get no light to the bud sites. Tracking says I will have my ph meter tomorrow. So I have yet to do anything to the ph of my G13 Haze plants, they are really yellow but producing quite well.

Attached Files:

• 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      File size:
      634.7 KB
      Views:
    • 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 031.JPG
      031.JPG
      File size:
      626 KB
      Views:
    • 027.JPG
      027.JPG
      File size:
      726.9 KB
      Views:
    • 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      692.1 KB
      Views:
    • 035.JPG
      035.JPG
      File size:
      815 KB
      Views:
    • 042.JPG
      042.JPG
      File size:
      561.7 KB
      Views:
    • 048.JPG
      048.JPG
      File size:
      604.8 KB
      Views:
    • 052.JPG
      052.JPG
      File size:
      806.7 KB
      Views:
    • 053.JPG
      053.JPG
      File size:
      974.2 KB
      Views:

17. Yeah I should add Guano as soon as I get my ph meter tomorrow. Do you buy your guano in a liquid? Or is it powder or solid of some sort?

18. #38 Medicinal-Tommy, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
    I got my new ph meter today and calibrated it perfectly.

These are my results. I found out my 1st G13 Haze plant was 5.5ish then added some water and the ph went up to 6.2ish I also found out the ph of my tap water is around 8.2ish. This is what probably brought the ph up to 6.2 from 5.5.

I then checked the ph of one of my BlackJack plants and found out it was 7.3ish and that plant looks perfect.

Since the leaves of my G13 are so yellow and the ph is around 6.2, any suggestions?

I have a feeling my ph is a lot lower in the G13 soil(maybe nutrient locked) hard to tell really. I did add water with a ph of 8.2 if I kept doing that I am sure I can bring the ph up in the G13 soil in the next 2 waterings.

I also wasnt able to catch the first few drops out of the soil, so it probably got diluted quite a bit with more highly ph'd tap water. If I were to guess I would think I am more near 5.5 to 5.8 runoff. But that is just a guess of course. I will need to make sure the runoff tray is empty tomorrow and just pour enough water in to get a slight runoff to test more accuarately. I can tell I am going to anal about testing my ph again, like I did when I got my last meter. This new meter is so much easier to accurately test ph, I am pretty happy, and am open to idea's on what ph I should start watering at.

For instance should I ph down my tap water with ph down. Or should I use some dolomite lime, and slowly raise my ph, without any additives until I receive a optimal natural ph of 7 in my runoff.

19. One more quick note, I believe my ph of my soil is pretty much perfect until I start adding nutes. I had no clue the ph of my tap water was so high (8.2) but as for my blackjack and other strains they are doing about perfect without adding any nutes 7.3 was my runoff test of the blackjack I did test, which means its probably a little bit lower. So another words, should I just start ph'ing my nutrients and tap water to a perfect 7.0 Nutes are always ph'd lower. So maybe I should ph my tap water with ph down before every watering to 7.0 with ph down, then if I add nutriets ph up to a perfect 7.0 any ideas from anyone?

20. Nutes usually lower PH. got some more of the soil you are using laying round? Use it to check PH and get a baseline to work from. Adjust water till it comes out of plain soil at 6.8 then have an idea of what you need to do on the plants.

Got a TDS meter? check plain water to see how hard it is. You can get a readout from the water co. too. Hard Water will really fuck with your plants uptake too.