Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heavy (Blunt) Smokers: Please Read & Reply

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Colts, Aug 10, 2010.

1. #1 Colts, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    So I used to only smoke blunts for a long time and during the summer it was atleast 3 blunts a a day. Now on a daily basis about 2 blunts minimum. I began spitting very much and having smokers cough. I was actually spitting out yellow nasty flem :eek:. After that day I thought to myself that I shut cut down on the blunts. I can pretty much spit anytime and its a little nasty. I cut down on the blunts and all but now I think by lungs are recovering :confused:. During the blunt smoking periods I was out of shape(my own fault) and could not run for shit.

I have failed to find any after effects of smoking blunts. Its not tested so who knows what the after effects could be? I am seriously scarred from that moment of nasty yellow flem. It had to be the dutches because I was smoking a good 6 blunts a day. Discuss..

2. Smoking is pretty bad. We just forget that smoking anything is bad.

I should vape more.

3. Its all the smoke inhale, even the best smoke isnt great for the lungs.

Same effect to cigarette smokers

4. it was the blunts man. tobacco leaves aren't good for your lungs, especialy if you are smokin' like 6 a day man, switch to a glass pipe and see if that doesnt help a shitton

5. You do realise blunt=tobacco too, right?

6. Weed makes it longer for your body to heal, so you should either be a man or quit for awhile.

7. Yeah dude, smoking that much, especially with a tobacco leaf around your weed, is a lot of smoke. I realized that smoking (even from bongs and piipes) had an adverse effect on my breathing capacity as I am in pretty good shape.

So, bout a year ago I got an okay electronic vaporizer and it is great :hello: I breathe fine, vaping is really just a relaxing breathing exercise.

Also, cooking weed is really a very healthy way to consume it. It is less popular than "blunt culture", but for a heavy smoker like yourself, you could make a treat with one gram of high-grade and be high for hours ;)........ as opposed to smoking where it makes you tired after awhile so you smoke more and more.

8. :confused::confused:

9. Yea, so basically the tobacco leaves(blunts) = tobacco and i always get headaches from them (especially flavored) ones... You probably have a sinus infection, and smoking only makes that shit worse, i always used to get them from smoking too many blunts... My advice for an alternative to smoking blunts, would be to go get yourself some glass.

10. Vaporize !

11. PS Sweet Avatar too! That kid is craze.

12. It's true, if you smoke weed then it takes longer for your lungs to heal than if you smoke cigarettes or if your body is healing by yourself.

13. I've smoked alot of blunts, but not to that effect.  

Try switching up the blunt wraps and don't use anything to flavor it. As they've said above, all smoke is bad, but I believe it's the blunt wraps causing your problems. The ingredients used flavor blunts, and make them more appealing to the taste are often very harmful to your lungs.   To understand what's happening, you need to understand phlegm. Phlegm is produced basically when something is being irrational to the nose, throat or lungs. Brown or grey phelgm means your body has binded what it deems the infection in your lungs to the phlegm. On the other hand you have green mucus, or phlegm, and it's most likely from your nose being irratated by so much smoke going in and out. Smoke is doing what's it's suspose to, be an irratant. Coughing up the phlegm is good, don't try to swallow it, that'll  make it worse.  

Try reading this article for more information:
    How to Get Rid of Phlegm

Also, if your of age, buy some good whiskey and make red hot. I have a bulk recipe for parts but not for small amounts. I'm sure they have a recipe somewhere.
    If you don't know what red hot is, it's a whiskey based drink often used down south for sick people. It uses whiskey soaked in peppermints or soaked in cinnamon disk. It clears the nasal passages, the throat, the lungs, makes breathing easier, and help the stomache out. Plus it taste way better than any other medicine.

-psy

14. #14 Typewritermonky, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    Your damage to your lungs cannot be reversed, the avioli in your lung cannot regenerate once destroyed by certain smokes. It increases the air pocket size and cannot be undone.

6 blunts a day is about 3 ciggarettes a day in harmfulness I'd say. I'd chill with the joints/blunts and invest in a vaporizer for awhile.

The good news is with thorough exercise and vaporizing, you can reverse the yellow phlegm that comes out (which I know what you mean, sooo gross) and the smokers cough. I'd talk to your doctor next time you see him, it's not seriously important to schedule an appointment, but next time you see him ask for advice and remember to take it as a grain and a beach of sand.

Edit: I have college level Biology and Physiology textbooks if you want me to scan a few pages on lung damage from smoking and get them, it's cake and has more information then you could ever find other then a doc.

15. I get all kinds of nasty shit in my throat and constantly have to clear it. The thing is is that I usually smoke less than a gram a day and do it out of a bong. But, it's just one of the consequences of enjoying the herb.

16. Im in that same area at the moment with smoking amount blunt wise. None of my buddies really have that problem and you know what they say, "Wellness is individual". You should definitely should start trying something else out if its bothering you that much. Do you smoke cigs? Idk maing wtf are you smokin, Ive been smokin blunts steady for a while and im not coughing up anything like that, nor a cough even. I should definitly watch it as well but, Damn.

17. Yeah I would love that. Well 3 cigarettes is one thing. But I wonder what the effects of blunts are since I can't find any studies unlike cigarettes.

I tried it. But it got pretty boring fast to be honest. I am a smoker first and foremost and the highs didn't do it so I resorted to a bong/joint.

Thanks! Lots of good advice in this thread. I appreciate it.

18. i use to smoke min of 4blunts a day from jan-march some days we would even smoke 8blunts in one daay. on my birthday in jan we smoked 4gotties but back to my story iv never got a smokers cough or anything i rairly smoke blunts anymore i <3 my glass and when its broken or i dont feel like using it i always have papers near me

19. Its called a bowl. Buy one. You wont regret it. :)

20. the fastest way to recover is to get a vaporizer and to stop smoking tobacco. I used to hit my bong all day everyday and ever since i switched to vaping i dont have a cough anymore or any chest pains :)