Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Royksopp's mango & weed experiment (Updated w/ mine & other ppls results)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royksopp, Aug 9, 2010.

1. i did this too tonight, and last night but i just smoked stems. it worked but tonight i tryed it with bud. i only smoked 2 bowls of reggie and got a nice high. but then we smoked more and i got really stoned off a smallish bowl. and i dont think this is some sort of placebo bullshit. im gunna have my friends try it to test it.

2. like I said, how can you tell if you are really higher? how can you compare it to the day before? I'd like to know how the day before you tried it, you felt 50% high, then the next day you felt 55% high.

3. fuck bro, i just made a great fuckin post and it got erased cus i lost connection to the internet. fuck. fuck it.

myrcene gets you higher by allowing the psychoactive substances in MJ to cross more efficiently through the blood-brain barrier. myrcene is one of the many terpenes that MJ can contain. myrcene may be an analgesic but that does not negate the fact that it still gets you higher by enhancing the potency and effiency of your bud. bro, if you feel higher, than you are higher. it does help weed make you higher, if you feelin higher. obviously.

so they do go tag team on your shit and rape your brain, jizzing all over your neurons.

high quality buds contain more myrcence than lower quality just as high quality would have more thc than lower quality; and by ingesting additional myrcene as found in mangoes it would be like ingesting additional thc. thus, getting you higher.

also each strain has different amounts of each of the terpenes. so you may be smoking some high quality bud but a specific strain with low myrcene concentration. so ingesting a mango, or anything else containing myrcene will definitely add to you high.

but shit you makin it seem like eating a mango would be a chore. lol. shit mangoes are fucking awesome bro. so deliciously juicy. have you every tried it? i would eat mangoes regardless of getting higher but i get high just from the flavor itself! lol. shit eating something that good and getting higher in the meanwhile is a fucking win-win.
    im glad i got me some mango trees. now i enjoy some mangoes, toke and get high as fuck, and feed my munchies with some more mangoes. getting higher and getting higher longer. FUCK YEAH.

just eat a couple of mangoes and smoke some and try it for yourself.

4. This is just like Myhtbusters:D

5. cause it just feels different yo. you making this more complicated than it is. just accept it.

its like.. ok you are real fucking happy about something now. say you got a huge promotion at your job and if you keep it up you will be the CEO of the multibillion dollar company you work for. you feel fuckin ecstatic and cant possibily imagine feeling higher. so fuckin happy unbelievable.

and tomorrow you fucking strike the lottery. WHATT!!?? 30 billion dollars into your pocket. you are way fuckin happier and extremely grateful to God.

ok you were feeling really high getting that huge promotion, and than you strike the lottery and you dont even really need the job as much as before.

you jumped up to another level.

its like the first times you got high you really loved it. it was a new experience. and now you got used to the feeling so its familiar, you are going through the same journey so its ok. the mangos bring you back to that new territory.

get it?

shit, bro instead of doubting all this shit and having to talk about it, just try it. what the fuck are you goin to lose?

• Like Like x 1

6. l o l. :smoke:

7. DaiLLeSTeL - I simply do not see where you have found that myrcene allows more thc to cross the bloodbrain barrier. Myrcene being an analgesic, adds on to your body high, in its own way. Analgesic: painkiller. Lessens the pain you feel. Which is what weed does when you get high. Its like saying if you pop a oxy, smoke a blunt, you feel higher because the oxy made the thc travel across the bloodbrain barrier. The oxy also is an analgesic, so you feel even less pain when you take both. Tepernes in weed vary between strains, and each has a different affect. If you smoke a strain that is low on myrcene, you may notice the 'zing' is gone, because your missing that added analgesic that you may normaly have plenty of in your bud. While it may not exactly be a placebo, placebos have GREAT affects on you, whether you realize it or not. If you read somewhere that drinking a glass of water within 5 mins of smoking increased your high, thought "oh that's super cool" then put it to the test, you'd feel higher then you think you normally are. That's how rituals are started.

That being said, mango's are my favorite fruit. I'd eat them regardless of whether or not they make you higher.

8. Hah sorry for the delay. I got the munchies real bad tonight and made myself a couple sandwiches. I noticed that when I saw my eyes they were still red and they usually start whitening after I eat. Also my pupils were a bit more dialed than they usually are. I found another mango in the kitchen! Hahhaha but that will be for tomorrow I guess.

Overall, I'm pretty sure this works. I ate like 45 mins ago and I'm still high. It's worth a shot, right? :smoking: see if it works for you.

Someone posted something about dark chocolate...chocolate helps release dopamine...that may have contributed to what you felt :p

9. Chocolate also helps boost your seratonin levels, which makes you feel happy or depressed. I dont know if you ment to type dopamine as ive never heard that before or not.

10. Ok, well I'm comin at you with straight facts, and your telling me to just go with it. Before a sesh, I sit there and think "fuck yes I'm about to get so fucking high" I pump myself up and I get higher then the days I don't. Like you said with winning the lottery. If you won the lottery you'd be so fucking stoked and pumped mentally that when you'd smoke you'd feel a whole lot higher. How high you CAN get is all about mindset. How high you will get is dependent apon the bud.

11. fuckin spewin its not mango season in australia yet i might have to wait a couple of months before i try this

12. They do shutdown every session. Why do you think that you can't just keep smoking and getting higher and higher until your as high as you were the first time? Cause they shut off.

13. OK so now we just need someone to try something with chocolate, mangoes, and edible THC (mango with weed hot chocolate and cream?). :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

14. I smoke a lot and have for a long time and mangos work for me. It's important that they are very ripe, even slightly over ripe.

15. Very nice. I never actually believed this, but since I consider you to be a reliable source, I'll take the time to try it out soon.

16. Sadly there isn't any science that points directly to the mango making you higher.

Some tests have shown it COULD help THC enter the system at a faster rate, but nothing has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

I've done this 3-4 times, and to be completely honest, I think its all a placebo effect.

Mango's taste awesome though!

17. At the very least, it's a good excuse to eat something healthy instead of Taco Bell and Doritos.

18. Great feedback on this, def gonna have to try this soon... :cool:

19. Sorry, but I could eat a dozen mangoes before smoking, and it's not likely gonna stop the Munchie Monster...RRRRRRAAAAAAUUUGHHHH...:cool:

20. Quoted for truth! I drank a smoothie looking thing that had mangoe puree in it, then an hour later burned some Super Silver Haze. Then I was like :ey: for two hours.