Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Royksopp's mango & weed experiment (Updated w/ mine & other ppls results)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Royksopp, Aug 9, 2010.

1. I heard smoking, holding in your breath for 2 minutes, then punching yourself in the nose gets you blaaaaaaaaaaaazed maaaaaaaaaaaaan *unemployed high school dropout voice*

Smoke another 5 blunts if the first 5 didn't do it for you

2. i drink a glass full of this shit an hour before smoking and get so blitzed that i can barely even function,
    EVERY FUCKING TIME!

[​IMG]

3. Just remember that with most all pre-bottled juices (besides that they often have surprisingly little of the 'secondary fruit'
    in them to begin with), especially if they say 'pasteurized' on the bottle, this indicates that much of the previously existing
    myrcene content coming from any fruit it does contain, has been dramatically reduced due to the heating process used
    to extend their shelf-lives, and myrcene content can be variable to begin with.

In simple terms, even in the best of juices, you won't find a bottle that has more myrcene than the fruit the juice came
    from, and what's worse, the bottled juices usually only contain a mere fraction of the myrcene content that the fruit once
    contained, due to the processing they must endure, before reaching the store shelves. It's why the above bottle for
    instance also says "added flavors" at the end of the ingredients list, in addition to the fruits it contains.
    Flavor extracts, natural and otherwise, can certainly make real fruit juice taste better even when home made. But with
    industrially processed juice, the main job of any flavor additive is to make up for what naturally occurring flavors and
    phytochemicals their processing methods, have destroyed. :eek:

So not only is a fresh real mango often cheaper, but it makes a MUCH tastier whole-juice than the bottled stuff, and
    even better, it has way more of the good stuff you're looking for to increase your buzz :yay:

And if cost and product stability/shelf-life are really concerns, don't forget that a drop or two of lemongrass essential oil
    contains more myrcene, than several fresh, ripe mangoes combined! :)

Here's an older post on the same topic...

-----------------

**** And about mango juice......

I don't know the specifics pertaining to the juice in question, but for the most part store-bought and
    bottled
    mango juices either will not work, or they will not work well.

This is because they have often been heated or 'flash pasteurized' to the point that a large quantity of
    the heat-sensitive myrcene, the terpene which promotes the intensified effect, has dissipated.

In the future, you can always buy a mango or two and puree them in your blender, or even by hand
    in a plastic bag [​IMG] You can 'drink' it as-is, or add a little of your favorite juice, or water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or, you can go even a little further, and incorporate that puree into an edible canna recipe... Myrcene, intensifies cannabinoid cellular permeability.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A CannAmbrosia Fruit Salad madewith tincture, is another way to benefit from the enhanced sensations, provided by additional terpenes in conjunction with your cannabinoids...

[​IMG]

(And edible drinkables [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A tip - Simply enjoying an oil burner for aromatherapy, containing a blend of lemongrass, nutmeg and sandalwood oils WILL produce a more euphoric and narcotic sensation while smoking. Do NOT attempt to directly inhale the vapors produced by your heated essential oils, this is not healthy, nor is it necessary to benefit from the terpenes! Feel free to experiment with other essential oils to produce a variety of sensations, from relaxing, to energizing. [​IMG]

--------------

Don't forget, MOST store-bought mango juices have been flash-pasteurized, even those cheaper bottles that
    don't mention how they were processed (those are often the worst)... this means that the majority of the terpene
    content you're looking for, is gone.

Want a fresh, healthy mango drink, WITH a decent myrcene content? Save a few dollars on the over-priced, watered-
    down juice, and just buy a mango or two, and put them through your blender. [​IMG]

And if you're smoking fresh, or properly cured home-grown.. don't expect a simple mango with the teeny tiny myrcene they
    have, to do much for you

A mango is best for older, and over-dried commercial bud, that has already lost much of the myrcene content it once had.

If your bud is decent at all, you're only likely to notice an increase in sensation if you use a better source for myrcene..

Again, lemongrass oil/extracts and hops extracts are great. [​IMG]

Anyhow... hope this helps! [​IMG] [​IMG] "

4. HEY JEWGUYZ!!

There may be a new food you'll want to start eating along with mango

FLAX SEEDS

In addition to containing alot of other healthy shit, they contain CBD! which is one of the main chemicals in Marijuana aswell! Apparently it affects how THC gets you high as well as reducing the short term memory effects associated with weed as well. It also has anti- anxiety and anti-psychotic properties.

Someone who doesn't already eat flax should do an experiment and report back after a few weeks

5. ^^^ shot down my dreams :cry::cry::cry:

i must have to try ripe mangoes then because i really do notice an increase in the buzz even with the orange juice after multiple tests.

6. If you think your stomach can handle it, through the mango shell in too. I am iffy on recommending that because technically mango shells contain a similar ingredient as that found in poison ivy and such, but it's a minimum amount. The shell is where the majority of a fruits terpenes are. I like to blend a mango (shell included) with something else. Usually like red grapes and celery, then drink it an hour before. Keeping the shell makes a noticeable difference.. for me anyway.

7. I take a swig every time I open my fridge

The key's in the pulp filtration

8. #508 Kasejeb, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    Reviving dead threads but this isn't true. CBD is non-psychoactive which you know, CBD doesn't really bind to cb1 or cb2 receptors, instead it binds to our TRPV1 receptors which mediates pains etc. which is why higher CBD content opposed to higher THC content is recommended for medical patients with neuropathic pain.
    You are mixed up, it's the other way around. When CBD is combined with THC, CBD is the one that gets a "boost".

9. Im doing this right now, ate a mango 20 min ago, smoked, 10 ago, im fuckin ripped

10. STILL RIPPED, 2 mangos and 3 bowls in

11. If you're skeptical, just try eating a mango and see what happens. Worst case scenario: you dont get any extra high, but you still get to enjoy a delicious mango (which is a super healthy snack to begin with). It's a win-win either way

12. It's that time of year! Mangoes are in season and I've got a few really ripe tomatoes in the kitchen.