Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Granny's MMJ List- July 2010

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Storm Crow, Aug 3, 2010.

1. All I can tell you is from personal experience (and I'm sure others will vouch for me), I have been smoking a 'nightcap' bowl every single night for the past year now as an aid to my insomnia, after Lunesta, Ambien, Rozerem, Melatonin, 5-HTP, and all other sleep remedies you could imagine failed me. I actually can't sleep unless I've smoked.

2. I agree with this guy. I really don't smoke that often, but when I smoke within a few hours of going to bed, I sleep like a rock. And I don't really know if I believe that weed shortens REM sleep. When I go to bed high, I have really vivid, interesting dreams. I rarely ever dream at all when I'm not high.

Thank you so much for putting this together Granny. I never would've have the patience for all that.

3. This looks like an AMAZING resource, with an invaluable plethora of information, but it seems rather one-sided (understandably; the purpose is to exemplify marijuana's healing properties). I'm looking for some sort of list detailing positive AND negative effects of marijuana, however few those may be. Can anyone deliver?

Thanks for taking the time and effort to compile this.

4. completely agree i cant remember my dreams at all without some THC aid and now that i use regularly and in controlled amounts i don't even need to smoke every day to dream thanks mj you never seize to amaze me

5. I still think the UN declare it drug drug so as well as USA government.

6. Alright, another state is trying to establish medical marijuana! Arkansas legislature is supposed to be looking at it this year, maybe done by march!!

7. I love you granny

8. Hello,

I am new here, I hope to have a good time at this forum.
    Heard a lot about it :)

9. I think they should make medical MJ legal in every state:smoke:

10. Hey Granny great list! I would ask for the email link but I never use email and I deleted my facebook so... yeah haha but I'll share the info through word of mouth for sure.

Idk if you're ever planning any additions to the list but if you could try and find maybe some good studies about marijuana and muscle growth? I love to smoke after my workout and would love to know any positive (or negative) effects it might have, other than feeling awesome as fuck.

Haha, thanks again :smoke:

11. #32 Storm Crow, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
    Come on, Smokee, it takes a couple of minutes to set up an email account- and my new, bigger list is worth the trouble! Use it once to get the list, put the list on your desktop and then close the email! lol :p No more going to GC, then going to the med section, then calling up the list, when you want some info NOW! It will be there on your desktop for your instant gratification and education! :D

I can only put up what the "white coats" study! The studies on hormones might be of interest, though. I'm sure you have heard all the BS about "man-boobs", impotence and all that- well "all that" is tied to hormones.

Incidentally, in mice, THC INCREASES testosterone (one of the studies in my new list)!

Granny :wave:

12. Awesome, I hope it increases testosterone in humans as well that'd be awesome! I can't wait til the government ends this ridiculous bullshit and reschedules it as a non-harmful drug so there can be more legal studies of this MIRACLE plant.

I did set up an email, I'll get the list from you later when I get home from work, thanks again for spreading all this info. Information is power! Rock on :smoke:

13. If I don't smoke, I am up all night long, don't nap during the next day, nothing. When I smoke, I at least get 4 hours of straight, uninterrupted sleep, sometimes more, but usually always at least 4. Without pot I would go insane, because my system can't stand sleeping pills, even tylenol pm

14. Woah.... I've allready facebooked this to five well known pot nazis.. $20 says they can't think of a reply :hello:

Thanks granny I can't rep you enough!

15. I ain't takin' your bet! :bolt: LOL!

Go for it hon! Share it around! This is what I made the list for:poke: (among other things)! The truth can be mighty uncomfortable for a prohibitionist! But if even if only one of those "pot nazis" sees the light, then we have won a major victory. :hello: We are winning the "War on the War on Drugs", one mind at a time!

Keep educating! (And send me an email- bottom of my sig- and I'll send you the even BIGGER version! :eek: )

16. BTW to anyone talking about REM and cannabanoids. Dream recall does not mean you are having more REM sleep

17. best thread ever.

18. how would you like us to spread this?

19. Email me and I'll send you a PDF attachment of the even bigger 2011 List! (bottom of my sig for the email addy) Forward it to your friends with a friendly challenge to "just read all the titles", followed by instructions to share it with their friends! :D

Print ups of the list should be in every dispensary and "head shop", and next to every petition for legalization! Even better is to have a laptop set to it so folks can READ the studies and articles on the spot! A "smoke shop" in Canada has a computer and printer set up with the list. The owner says it brings in MMJ customers who print up a page or two for their doctors! :hello:

My List makes writing your local politicians a snap! You start off, I support MMJ and you should too! Here's one reason why: slap in a news article or abstract from the List, sign your name and you are done! :D Send one by email, and another by snail-mail for the maximum effect.

Doctors should get tons of abstracts about cannabis! American doctors are, on the whole, very uneducated about cannabis! WE are the experts! A Canadian survey of doctors showed them admitting that most of what they knew about cannabis came from their patients! :eek: Medical cannabis is federally legal in Canada, so their doctors SHOULD know way more than ours! Pretty depressing situation, isn't it- :( - but we CAN fix it!:yay:

And all of us have a relative, or friend, or neighbor who has diabetes, cancer, MS, Alzheimer's, MS, PTSD or other condition that cannabis could treat! Mail them the info they need! The post office does not require return addresses on envelopes. You can remain anonymous! ;) Use block letters, or get a friend to address the envelope for the least amount of clues as to who sent it! Who knows, maybe in a week or two, "Aunt Hattie" may be timidly be asking if you might know where she could get a tiny bit of cannabis! :D

Pages from my list were printed up and left in the student lounge at a college. The URL for the list was on each sheet, along with "TAKE ONE! Kid said they disappeared at a most satisfying rate! :)

Another young man forwarded the list to his sister, a nursing student, and it made the rounds of her college! (Nursing organizations often support MMJ use, incidentally.)

If your city council is trying to ban dispensaries, or otherwise limit access to our amazing healing herb, make a print up and plunk in down on their desk and give them the "just read the titles" challenge! ;)

And of course, for all of the students doing a paper, my list provides an excellent source of medical studies to support their view! I've already done 90% of the researching needed for a great paper! Please take advantage of my work, and turn your friends on to it as a resource!

I love to observe the faces of folks when they start reading the list! "Watching the light dawn" is a trip!