Post your unpopular musical opinions.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hagakure, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Even though my favorite genre is hip hop it is dead or just doesn't exist any mainstream hip hop is more then likely hip-pop, and if you think rap sucks only the rap thats mainstream sucks the underground has almost all the talented rappers (a lot of this isn't unpopular but i still needed to get that out there for myself)

2. I will agree that Grohl has sold out and hes overrated but that doesn't detract from his talent. I love old Foo Fighters, Probot, and Them Crooked Vultures. The Foo Fighters have got to the point where they are so big they don't know what to do. Its sort of what happened to Zeppelin in the 70s. Their newer stuff is still great but if you put In Through the Out Door against Zeppelin 2 it blows it out of the water. Creative energy is just escaping. Success has ruined many good musicians.

3. Very true.

I do love old foo fighters too.

I also love some of the lesser known nirvana tracks although I will agree there impact is somewhat overstated.

David Grohl is more technically proficient than kurt by leaps and bounds.

Honestly, Kurt had more soul. Soul is what made his music legendary.

4. I think Nirvana were a good band, but really overrated. Kurt admitted to completely ripping off The Pixies. And he once tried to join the Melvins, but was turned down because he couldn't play their songs. But those bands never got the recognition that Nirvana did, because they didn't have a craaaaazy video with a guy jumping into a drumset and such.

5. I agree 100% Nirvana did have good music. I just hate that people know Smells Like Teen Spirit and Heart Shaped Box and maybe Polly. Thats my problem in general, people who act like they love a band and only listening to the hit singles.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD0D7IuriWQ]YouTube - Nirvana - Aneurysm[/ame]

6. I believe there is no "pop-punk" genre. It is either pop or punk, it can not be both.

7. I don't like the Beatles, specifically John Lennon.

8. I generally can't stand pop punk, but I do love The Buzzcocks, The Descendents, and of course, The Ramones.

9. Wait...you consider The Descendants and The Ramones pop-punk? I would comment on the Buzzcocks but I don't know enough of their music.

10. I agree 100% with everything you just said.

Funny how people can see eye to eye once they cut through the non sense. :D

Communication is a funny thing.

I also like nirvana's more abstract and heavier side. Everything but their self titled album. Lol.

11. well, gonna post this here. Foo fighters where never "good", they where always really generic really boring "rock". (yes, this includes the color and the shape and the self titled album)

12. #32 who are you, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
    Lil Wayne and all the other southern trash rap sucks, one of the only current rappers with any meaning to me is Kid Cudi, who I thought I would hate based on the name. He's amazing though.

Despite common belief, there is good deathcore out there if you look past the bullshit (bullshit meaning Attack Attack and the like) If you want good deathcore, try: The Boy Will Drown, The Contortionist, Arsonists Get All the Girls, The Eyes of a Traitor, Born of Osiris, Rings of Saturn, After the Burial...

Pink Floyd is the most amazing band ever, and I'm not counting the overplayed radio hits. Roger Waters was not a shitty bassist at all, even though people think he was :p

Radio rock is the worst shit I've ever heard. Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Theory of a Deadman, it all sucks.

I love Henry Rollins in Black Flag and Glenn Danzig in the Misfits, but solo? ehhhhhh not for me. The Misfits sucked after Danzig left, and Jerry Only is a douche.

13. i would have to disagree with you. i feel like im hearing the same shit over and over again. first it was madonna then pink and that girl that sang the holla back girl song. now its lady gaga. same shit new name.

14. Dude its all opinion. I didn't like the Foo Fighters until about 5 or 6 years ago. When they came out I didn't think Dave Grohl was worth a dime now I really like him. I really dig the first album because he played everything that deserves respect.

15. Death metal id gay
    kanye west is a bitch
    Big L is overrated

16. I realise that man, its why I posted this in a "unpopular musical opinions thread" lol. But yeah, thats my opinion of the foo fighters

17. Cool Beans...its all good :smoke:

18. #38 GrandmasBoy420, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010

Big L is overrated?

:rolleyes:

19. All mainstream music from 2000 on is pathetic and rotting our "musical roots" if you will.

Heres a boost of awesome 90s nostalgia.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts&playnext=1&videos=g6qffQBliwk]YouTube - The Cranberries - Zombie[/ame]

Sooo deep.

stay medicated:smoke:

20. Bassnectar and Pretty Lights are both hacks. The only reason they got famous is through excellent promotion and management.