Using Aluminum Foil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Reggie Kush, Jul 27, 2010.

1. I grew plants in my basement shower with aluminum shower around the inner walls. I ended up getting holes in my plants. I thought it may have been an imbalance of necessary chemicals but then a friend told me the foil most likely made the holes and to use white paper. any thoughts?:confused:

2. Aluminum foil creates hot spots and that can burn plants and thats what most likely happened.

3. Without any other information, I'd say almost certainly that the foil is the culprit unless you have insects.

Use a flat or mat white surface to contain your light from now on, it reflects much more evenly and without creating the hot spots that shinier whites and foils/mylar can create.

Most garden centers sell something called "black and white poly" or "Panda Paper".

It's a tube of plastic sheeting, black on one side and white on the other, that growers use for reflection and for creating a light-tight environment.

4. alright will do. thank you