Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ciggerette filter in a joint?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chase1297, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Nope

UK joint is mixed with tobacco, ground weed and a roach.
    US joint is just weed, no roach and often the weed isn't ground as much.

This is just in stereotypical terms, obviously everyone does it their own way.

2. They do filter out a bit as you said, but when some bud is like 3% THC you dont want to filter anything at all out. Just roach it and stop being a wioman (no offence to the ladies, jusut a figure of speech).

3. I use RAW or OCB, with a decent roach book. Green card is to thick for my taste and never lasts that long.

4. Fair enough then. I spose the size of the filter tips is ok, cos you're not exactly go nna roll a .5g joint with no tobacco in a kingsize rizla, so those tips are fine for small rizla.

5. If you read it I said 3% compared to with a roach, so even if your weed was 3% thc (and TBH I would be worried if I was paying money for that) it then down to 2.91 which isnt really an issue.

Seriously though in the UK we can roll a nice joint with baccy to keep it lit and get blazed. Makes you weed last longer and lets you roll a perfectly formed cone. The US just seem to cram it in to a paper and let rip. Ether you guys are getting like stupidly high to the point of comotose or your weed is very low quality...or im just missing something. (not trying to start a US v UK thing just curious)

6. I'm from the UK.

I love rolling. Its half the fun.

I'd say from what I've seen on GC I'm quite a bit better, but some of my mates are mad, roll windmills, double spliffs and triple king Ls with ease.

7. Hell yea, rolling is the skill you learn. If you want to get high fast you can just get a pipe or bong. Setting up the perfect roll is amazing. Knee jerkers, Y skins, the most impressive thing i have done is a tulip, it takes alot of weed and at least 5 seasoned tokers to see it through to the finish.

8. We've rolled tulips before, they're pretty cool. Nothing better than a double or triple. Just whole kignsize's joined onto the end of each other.

9. Might set up a 'Official' UK Roller Thread posting their 'roll-art'. Techniques and tips and things.

10. Now that you mention it I realized I've never even seen someone smoke a joint in person. I've been toking for almost a year now (I'm American), and everybody uses pipes or bongs. I've occasionally seen a blunt at parties, but never a joint. Maybe we're just too lazy to roll? =P

11. #31 420stonedpanda, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
    Silvers = Chlorine = No thanks.
    I used them up until 3 weeks ago then saw the light and converted to slim blues, just rip it in half length ways and you're smoking just as little paper as with silvers. Also, silvers have so many more chemicals in than the other colours of paper to keep them strong so they don't just rip when you're rolling it.
    And I would agree that rolling is one of the most enjoyable parts of smoking, I just love the gentle origami of meshing the papers together and there is no more satisfying feeling than getting the tuck perfectly right when rolling a big F/E skin sliff.

12. we found some cigg papers that had a filter built in so that when you roll up a home made cigg it had a filter. We decided to roll it with weed... It was a waste of time.... Dont bother trying it out... haha...

13. Probably to lazy. But getting a group of mates round or out in the park or w/e just chillin in a circle rolling some spliffs is a good and fun feeling. It dont kill the chilled-ness like just wacking out a bong. You can be chilled before and after smoking, rather than just after you;'ve finished when using a bong or pipe or whatever.

14. I'm having a hard time understanding why you generalize its the whole US. Im from Canada, and I roll my joint with about 60/40 weed to tobacco ratio. Since I use small papers (mainly zigzag cut corners), it allows me to have enough of the stuff in there to roll a nice conic joint. I have rarely seen someone smoke without a roach around here and most if not all stoners use tobacco in their joint. The only few times Ive seen people protest against the tobacco in my joint were beginners to weed; I dont understand how it could be so different for folks down in the US.

The only advantage to not putting a roach in is the time you would save, if you're in a hurry I guess. Anything else I'm missing here?

15. Really? I'll keep it in mind. Just get a weird taste from Blues like there is too much paper and cba with the hassle of ripping it or w/e. Gonna buy some Rizla Blacks see how they go. Probs be a waste of money tho.

16. Commonwealth does it best. I hear Canada is the best place for bud. I will visit my ever aging great aunty in Calgary one day soon.

17. Perhaps tobacco is more taboo in the US? I know a lot of people who smoke cannabis, but hate tobacco and don't want to smoke it, even mixed in with weed.

18. Maybe. Whereas here in the UK, pretty much everyone I know who smokes weed regularly smokes cigarettes too.

19. Just what i have seen from the USA guys talking on this site and else where leads me to believe that most of them roll that way with no baccy in their joints.

Thats why I use the RAW's they are completely free of everything, even vegan friendly.

20. Ye, shit. We need to save the turf.

Haha. Ye I'm probs gonna look into other rolling papers.