A Frightening experience on I-75

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dead Head 420, Jul 16, 2010.

1. So me and two guys decide to go on a camping trip, so we all pitch on a half. We had the little hatchback packed to the brim with equipment when our dealer rolled up. So anyway, we find some free campgrounds in Ocala National Forest and hit I-75 northbound from Tampa.
    We are just enjoying the drive, each smoking a joint, when from behind I see this blue impala gunning it weaving from the right into our lane doing 120-130 miles per hour (we were doing the speed limit, 70). This freaked us the fuck out as we were in THE SHOULDER LANE! Everything kicked into slow motion as he almost hits us from behind and drives onto the dirt, creating a truly massive smoke screen as he loses all traction and flips back onto the highway infront of us, disappearing into the black smoke. We have cars behind us going faaaast so we cant stop and cautiously ease forward (this is like +6 seconds after seeing him). The dirt gets caught in an updraft and his car is facing us at an oblique angle doing a burnout and heading towards us. Our driver performed excellently, being hit but minimizing the damage to a small dent in the bumper. We see the driver, a scraggy looking black guy jump out before his car hit us and start running like the cops were after him. He eventually ran to the side of the road as his car careened to the right side and smashed into a tree like 12 meters from the highway!
    Some cars started stopping, but we were blazed and had weed everywhere and the smell of burnt and fresh bud circulating through the ac, so we decide to just keep going. We were really shaken up and stopped at a rest stop. It was so crazy being able to feel our very existence being put in the balance of 10 seconds of decision making. To say the least, it was so shattering it really put a perspective on life and the nature of consciousness, not unlike certain mystical experiences unique to humanity where some divine truth is revealed, and man learns he is no demigod able to manipulate the universe, and trembles in awe of the vast energies surrounding him.

:laughing:Anyway, there are some creepy people in a national forest, man! Around midnight, some truck drove by really slowly, and reversed and just idled really close. :eek: It was the fucking creepiest thing, because it didnt go away! It just idled there until we extinguished the lights and went in the tent. It stopped, but someone walked up to our campsite and went through our shit, and came up to the tent so we threatened them (I say them, because I dont know how many people) with a gun and they booked deeper into the forest. It was a bluff though, but I had my fighting dagger and my buddy his machete.
    :smoke:
    Daaamn long post, just really stoned and remembering good times! :D
    Also, just googled the incident and found a news article, he didn't almost hit a mom and kid, he almost hit us!(well, technically, he did). I dont think he got in a white truck, maybe he did, because right after he bailed, a couple cars pulled onto the right side and I saw him run up like he was just an innocent motorist! Which kind of conflicted with him being on the run from the cops which is what I thought.

http://www.examiner.com/x-18003-Orlando-Insider-Travel-Examiner~y2010m4d17-Man-abandons-blue-Impala-after-doing-120-mph-and-spinning-out-of-control-hitting-tree-on-I75

2. crazy fuckin stories man

3. That's pretty fucking crazy man. Lucky he didnt hit the car worse, and you couldnt drive away, then getting fucked for the weed in the car. Hope the damage on your friends car isn't too bad.

4. holy fuck, that sounds like a place that im not putting on my "to-go-there" list.

5. #5 Casual Toker, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
    Similar thing happened to me. I was taking the off ramp leaving I-95 doing the speed limit when I see a car speeding like a bat out of hell in my rear view mirror, I move as far right out of his way as I can, but it wasn't enough. He swerves to avoid hitting me but loses control, slams into the metal dividers, and gets launched into the air. He's barely 5 feet away from me as he's going through the air, while pieces of dirt and his car get thrown onto mine. He lands sideways behind me, and I call 911 while driving away, too freaked out to stop...