Cleaning glass pipe with vinegar?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Painter3, Jul 10, 2010.

1. My old boss used degreaser and it seemed to work fine without any smell after.

2. I've never heard of alcohol fading colors before. My pipe hasn't had any noticeable color loss though. I've used 91% and salt for the past year with no issues.

3. I sometimes use vinegar as a wash after alcohol. Only started doing this now that I moved and have hard water or something that likes to leave a white residue in my glass. Vinegar really helps clear it up.

4. You will find that any suggestion or process published on the web will have a certain number of detractors. I try not to get hung up on them till I am convinced in my own mind that there is something actually going on.

5. Buy cleaner 454 I have a bottle and it works amazing it also has little crystals and u don't have to soak it u just but it in a bong or put your pipe in a ziplock and shake it !

6. You guys do realize that other than the current posts, this zombie is FIVE years old!??

7. And still the answers might help some new blades with the same question. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. I'm gonna start cleaning my bong with carburetor cleaner.

• Like Like x 1
  9. the cleaner the bowl, the sweeter the smoke.

10. Wouldn't carb cleaner just be for the carb hole? I mean I'm not going to argue about a clean carb hole....

11. I swish muriatic acid in my mouth then spit it into the bong or pipe. Works like a charm. But now my gums are bleeding and i lost my toungue.

12. That's because you didn't listen when people told you to rinse with brake cleaner beforehand.

13. I used to clean my glass with iso, and salt, and I used vinegar in college. it does the job but over time you still need to clean your glass with something physical.. Or at least I think so!

I use bong fresh cleaner with there cleaning tool. I find it works best! If you are using vinegar because you like all natural, I would check them out

@bongfreshofficial on instagram

14. I use a combination of salt, the larger granier version, and hot water. I'll pour it in, shake it up, empty and then pour more of the mixture in, let it sit, and repeat until clean. =D