Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

marijuana as a hallucinogen

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The beginner, Jul 6, 2010.

1. correct me if im wrong, i learned this in health in middle school:

marijuana is a psychoactive drug meaning it alters chemicals in your brain changing your view and perception of the world around you. this may be propaganda i learned but it sounds proper to me. perhaps that why? if you got a large dose of extra chemicals that would basically mean more/stronger perceptions?:confused:

2. Of course, the higher you get the more it affects you, but I have never hallucinated, it isn't really hallucinating it is more thinking of something and then getting paranoid by it or something like that, it is all in your head and not your eyes.

3. i dont think its a hallucinogen

4. I don't think any one person can completely say that all marijuana is not a hallucinogen. I severely doubt that low quality weed would be a hallucinogen, whereas a very potent high-quality weed might. In addition, marijuana affects people differently (overhead of the basic reddish-eyes, munchies, couch-lock.) So, you never know. I don't think people will ever find a specific strain/quality of weed that will produce hallucinations most of the time. But I do believe in rare instances it can occur.

5. #25 Samanthamudgirl, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010
    I did a poll on this (I searched and couldn't find it!!??) where 26 people in Apprentice said they saw open-eyed visuals. More saw closed eye visuals and even more heard something that definitely was not there. I didn't include myself in the poll, because I am bipolar, but I have seen s wall bleed and I saw one turn to glass, shatter and then fall on the ground - I heard it too. (This was like 20 years before I was diagnosed)

6. You can also think the sky is purple if you choose to think so. You'd be just as wrong. What you 'think' doesn't matter. Science and people's experiences say you're wrong.

7. yea a few days ago was my second time smoking and if i llooked straight ahead not at my friend he started to look like a cartoon character and he sorta turned into janes dad from tarzan the cartoon and if id look away he would be normal, found it amusing that he was a cartoon man so i kept stairing at nothing lol

8. its called physcosis or schizophrenia aka MENTAL ILLNESS

9. No, it's not. Why do people insist on spouting utter crap about things they have no knowledge of?

There is some evidence that in people so predisposed heavy cannabis use can potentially bring upon an onset of symptoms. That's an entirely different subject than that of this thread, though it is possible that there could be a link between the psychoactive properties of cannabis and several other drugs and the mechanisms behind some forms of psychosis.

10. If I smoke some dank, sometimes I get wavy vision:smoking:

11. shrooms dont make you see things. so thats not a hallucinogen either?

12. A lot of the naysayers need to actually look up what 'hallucinogen' means. Hint: visuals are just one form of hallucinatory effect.

Meh. I don't know why I bother sometimes. The degree of ignorance here is sometimes too much to bother with.

13. my first time smoking dank, only had about 2 and a half bowls of it. about an hour after smoking it i go outside and in the distance hear little kids screaming and a birthday party. my friend who wasnt high told me he had no idea what i was talking about hahah

14. true..

15. for the most part people don't really get visual hallucinations (at least strong ones) from weed. me personally I sometimes get auditory hallucinations. I get very sensitive to white noise (from tvs, computers, whatever) and I'll be absolutely convinced that what I'm hearing is music.:confused_2:

I'll also hear people saying things and it turns out they didn't say anything at all. I think usually that goes with the mild paranoia that I start to get near the end of my high. weird as fuck.

16. when im high i like write poems in my head. lol classic right there.
    i wish i had some danky dank,
    the sticky shit ,
    that stanky stanks.
    ok i just now made that one up but i get creative when im high. and i make guitar solos in my head man. its like a jimmy hidrix in my brain.

17. yeah i've done that a few times.

just got high, heard a riff in my head and worked it out on my guitar. it's so cool man.

18. and the first time i toked i got really really high and i saw some colors off in the distance. it was some weird shit.

19. I think that I would trust oldskoolgrower, IMO he is kind of like the Grandpa (too old?) then how bout Father or uncle haha, he kinda only steps in when people are being especially stupid+ignorant (happened to me)

20. The OP is talking about Auditory hallucinations. These are certainly possible under the influence of marijuana. I think all psychoactive drugs have some potential for hallucinations, but certainly some are more highly regarded than others.....