Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

marijuana as a hallucinogen

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The beginner, Jul 6, 2010.

1. so i think marijuana is technically classified as a "type" of hallucinogen or something? im not sure. just read my story.

so i recently got off a 6 month break. :hello:
    and we smoked alot the first day and then i had a few more bowls by myself the next 2 days.
    but it was like 1 in the morning. and i went outside and had a nice fat joint (alright it was pretty skinny) but it was some dank shit.
    so i go inside and am watching tv. i was stoned. and it was pretty nice. and then i started hearing flutes. like almost like i was thinking about it. and when i thought about hearing flutes i started to actually hear them! i couldnt controll it very well. and when i tried they started to fade. but it was a nice tune.
    anyway. anybody else have experiences like this? please share im interested :smoke:

2. it's not a hallucinogen...

it alters your perception of feeling and time, it doesn't really make you "see things"

3. Definitely. I found when I was a novice smoker, I got visual hallucinations and audial hallucinations.

Occasionally I'd hear music, or sounds. If I was listening to my iPod, sometimes I'd see an oscillation going with the music.

4. yes definetaly. but i dont "see" things.
    changes how i see them. but i dont see things. i did hear somthing tho. and i know it was in my head because i could control them. i think it depends on quality and how much you smoke.

5. Are you by any chance a musician?

I like to play guitar, and I also like to make my own music in my head when I'm high.

6. i've definitely had mild visual and auditory hallucinations from marijuana, and i've done acid, dmt (smoked and ayahuasca), salvia, and other hallucinogens many times. my hearing would get so distorted when i first started smoking; it wasn't like voices or anything but it's undeniable. if your tolerance is low enough smoke a few bowls of dank to the face and you'll know what i mean.

and this one time after i smoked a shit ton of purp my friend's face and arm were like melting or morphing. i knew it wasn't real but it definitely wasn't an effect of the light or anything. i never even told him but i swear the entire right side of his body was distorted so badly. he even left to get food and came back and it was still happening. when we started walking back to my house it was gone though.

it's really not like any other hallucinogen, but i'd like to find out more about the psychedelic effects of thc. anyone care to explain scientifically? i know it's a partial agonist at cb1 and full agonist at cb2, but why does this give such a trippy effect? maybe other cannabinoids would help us understand.

7. nah i play guitar but im not that good. i just really love music :smoke:

8. If I remember what I read correctly:

the more often you smoke, lesser amounts of Δ9-THC change into Δ11-THC in your body

I imagine this would be what separates the novice smoker's high from the heavy smoker's high, as Δ11-THC is a lot stronger than Δ9-THC.

9. It can be because each of the 66 cannabinoids found in marijuana have different effects. However its not a hallucinogen like LSD or anything.

10. this might be what it is. cause the only time my vision hearing and such where insanely effected from smoking weed would be smoking after being on a t break

11. Cannabis is a psychoactive drug. Not a hallicinogen.

12. You just got really high, that's all.

13. Cannabis is technically considered a hallucinogen. On rare occasions it can produce mild visual and audio hallucinations. The interesting thing about Cannabis is that no matter how much you ingest, it will not intensify the visual or audio hallucinations (if you're experiencing them).

14. i actually do "see" things though. i mean its not like i can actually see things that are not there but my imagination goes fucking wild... it wasn't even that i was altering how i saw things in front of me, i was dreaming of completely wild stuff...

15. I think i sort of reach of peak of highness were i'm having major audio distortion and hallucinations and minor visuals. At this point my high will no longer increase no matter how much i smoke but i have to smoke alot to get to that peak. (after a T-break)
    EDIT: grammar confuses me whilst blitzt:smoke:

16. I do know that some Sativas can have hallucinogenic effects. These usually accompany head highs.

17. This has happened to me a few times, but I think it was all in my head because I was really high.

18. Wrong. It can cause auditory and even visual hallucinations. It's rare and normally only happens with high doses to people who have low tolerance, but it's a real thing.

19. This

THIS

20. you see things when you close your eyes