Obama's Online "Identity Ecosystem"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MountyBounty, Jun 30, 2010.

1. #1 MountyBounty, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
    So do you have a variety of passwords and usernames that you use online? Forget the hassle of remembering all those numbers by participating in President Obama's new online Ecosystem!

One Username... One password...think of the simplicity!

Why in the Hell is Obama so scared of the internet? First he got his kill switch that he wanted and now he wants the Department of Homeland Security to ensure everyone's privacy by Homeland Security creating individuals a username and password for a variety of mediums that have access to the internet?? :laughing:
    Talk about Big Brother Obama wanting to know what we download, shop, say and the places we visit on the net.

Read the DHS draft

Edit: Reason I highlighted the "voluntary" statement is that they are just going to waste money to create another monstrous bureaucracy and when a generated crisis or false flag occurs from a cyber attack take a guess at what will become mandatory?? You giving up your fourth amendment rights

2. :facepalm:

There's free extensions in the Firefox browser that effectively do this. Oh right, but a Politician sees a new way to control people, spend money, and buy votes. Doing it for free... or spending a ton of money and screwing people in the process... I'll take the latter!

3. I hate to say i told you so, well hell actually i love saying it, i told you so.....

The devils greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist. Obama's greatest trick was convincing the left that he was not a self serving tool with an agenda. And ya all thought Bush was raping your freedoms............sucka's:D

4. :laughing:

5. Obama is pretty damn smooth at violating the 4th Amendment... hell all those lefties that were bitching and moaning during Bush's Patriot Act (rightfully so) are no where to be found when Obama is installing the cell bars in a wireless national database.

First up was the smartgrid..... which could, and most likely so, allow police to obtain current electric consumption without a search warrant... think of what kind of signal it would be to a police officer if they can identify certain wattage being on a 12/12 timer. Not good for the "green agenda" going on in your private home

Next... arguing for warrantless wiretaps of your cell phone...

And to top it off this new bill... which will track every electronic device you own that can go online

Obama isn't stupid... so he won't put CCTv cameras on every corner of every major city like England... I have a feeling that he will implement these Trojan horse ice cream machines that use facial recognition (Like facebook) which could recognize every individual that walks past it on the street if it was linked to a national data base or if the person was on facebook.

At least Big Brother has the courtesy to give you ice cream while stealing from you :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ckBFAo3Wk4]YouTube - Unilever's Smile Ice Cream Vending Machine At Cannes 2010[/ame]

6. The funny thing is, I was about to quote and post the EXACT same thing. Trust, what a paradox

7. think about it man.. a peaceful internet ecosystem where we can all hold hands and share passwords and sing songs..
    sounds blissful.

8. Oh fuck. Bush+Obama=Total control. Oh fucccck.

9. There's really only one thing missing from this E-Paradise :smoke:

10. "individuals, organizations, services and devices would trust each other"

And they'd all just trust the government running it? I don't fucking think so.

And who the hell has a "dizzying array" of passwords and usernames?

11. Sheeple my dear blade. sheeple. :smoking::(

12. Why would sheeple have so many different passwords or usernames that they can't remember what's what?

13. Not that they will. Just that they will buy into this.

14. Why are people still blaming this stuff on the president? In case you haven't noticed, policy doesn't change when the president does. Privacy erosion has been getting worse in every administration.

15. ^^I agree. The entire fucking system blows goats.

16. I don't know whether to facepalm or have a shrugfest. I always thought the reason having multiple passwords was so we didn't have to resort to something like that. I guess it could work both ways, but it's still so pointless just like 40% of a bunch of other useless shit. It's like he's doing a lot more than our previous president, but lacks focus on more of our dominant issues.

17. Obama, get the fuck off MY Internet!

18. I'm a computer engineering major, and I gotta say, this idea is so dumb it can only have been thought of by government bureaucrats. Assuming they have no malicious intent, what exactly does the government think they can do differently in regards to online identification? Better usernames and passwords? Linking your account to sensative information (thus making a compromise much more devistating. Instead of someone getting access to your emails, they also have access to your social security number and drivers license ID, hurray!)? Trying to build a network of "trusted" sites to give people a false sense of security? Once/If the number of "trusted" sites swells past 100,000 it won't be that hard for hackers to spoof their way into this network, probably sooner considering how good the government is at keeping it's shit together.

Last year one of my professors was talking about how more and more of our networks are moving towards centralized, single-point failure systems. It doesn't matter how "secure" your network is, if the coder working on a driver for your server's OS doesn't adequatly check for a buffer overflow, that could potentially expose your entire network to attack.

No matter how good your network is people can always screw up (or worse, conspire against it). Some idiot coder may not sanitize inputs correctly and expose your website to SQL attacks and exploits, some moron might give out their username and passwords to a phising email, some manager might forget to delete an employee's access priveledges after they quit, some malicious programmer might intentionally make himself a backdoor.

19. #19 tharedhead, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
  20. I would recommend everyone to read that truth twice.

The online environment is one of the last minimally regulated spaces left in the US. I assume that this is for malicious intent as it centralizes all information on a individual on one centralized government computer data base that wants to tap into the brain of a nation.

If the even the Federal Gov is doing this benevolently for our "protection" it will allow hackers to receive the complete background of individuals.