Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) pics and info

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by joe_fresh, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Oh noes, I think this has happened to my plant. I thought it was a case of underwatering and heat stress combined.

I have 7 Clones from the mother plant, 4 of the clones have the same symptoms. I'll upload some pictures tomorrow for clarification.

2. Well thank god haha i was really worried. now im just stressed out.

3. Alright, here are a few pictures. The first two picturess are of the mother plant and the latter are of the clones (sorry for the over saturation).

Attached Files:

4. Thats the problem with putting this information out there, Is EVERYONE thinks they now have the TMV ...........

The last poster IMO , is nothing close to what TMV would look like , or does look like. Just my humble opinion, But this Virus seems very rare from my research, and it seems that if you do show symptoms, they are fairly severe.

I think I need to smoke now, possibly being a grump...:smoke:

5. yeah, this virus is present, but not everyone with a spot on their plants will have it. this is more of the last resort, if you have eliminated everything else, then as a last resort look at tmv, but if you have a trained eye then you could spot tmv first and avoid trying to correct any problems that you dont have

6. lol id have to say I was pretty close with my pictures huh?

Everything seems to be fine still, so hopefully I DONT have this... :)

7. well the second pic might be...with the holes and the twisted tip....but i dont see any other symptoms in any other pics you have, so maybe with better pics it would be easier to diagnose....right now im 50/50, because your outside the leaf could have been eaten from a number of diff bugs, but the leaf tip twist is suspect.

8. to tell you the truth, if your not breeding and your not making cuts for a bunch of ppl, then it shouldnt matter as much, because your not spreading the virus.

if your only growing for personal use and the virus is present, you can either kill it or let it be.....the only big problem i can see arising is that if it is TMV and you think its a DEF, and you try to correct it then your just fukking up your plants even more

9. I have one plant thats really making me think it has this, none of my other plants have any symptoms. But I have a small grow area and it seems that it spreads easily, so is it pretty much going to spread no matter what? If that one turns out to be a male and I chop it down, is there a chance my others will no get herpies? It should only be a few more days before I can tell sex aswell.

10. there may be a chance but there is also a chance that it doesnt spread....its a coin flip.....if your really depending on this grow i would just wait till harvest and then cut...then disinfect your whole grow room, including any equipment that you use.

11. Here are a few more pictures of the clones. In the first picture you can see blistering and the second picture shows deformation. If only the test kit wasn't that sum of money.

Attached Files:

12. Well this is my first indoor grow, so this grow is really just to make sure everything is good with my setup before I try to branch out to another grow room. I want to have 2 grow rooms in the end. Like a much smaller scale of yours Joe. I just didnt want to cut that one down and it turns out not to have that stuff, but some of the leafs have blistering and it looks like some of the newer leafs are folding in on themselfs. Also the entire plant is a much lighter green then all the other plants...

13. Dude you ripped this whole thread from Wandering Roman. Shame on you. Your writing style is so different than WR, I'm surprised you thought nobody would figure this out. The title is completely wrong, you don't even know if it's TMV. More than likely it's another mosaic virus. I joined this site just to post this. if you all want real info, check out these threads.
    Mosaic Virus in Cannabis pics - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=134469
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=94151&highlight=virus

WTF, Joe Fresh??!? The only thing you changed in the first post is "this took a long time to do.....hope some of you apretiate it" and you spelled appreciate wrong!!:hello:

14. if you read properly i said i was searching the web abd came across this, i mad a thread with the link, but because ppl here at GC cant view the pics, i copy pasted it so everyone here can view the valuble info, i never said that i wrote this all by my self, i copied/pasted from 2-3 diff sources, so ppll here in OUR comunity could get good info without having to jopin a new site....man, lol some youngsters do nothing but troll....:confused:

15. Dont worry Joe, We read your thread and we know that you did us a favor by posting this info all together from various location... Dont worry about the haters, you cant please them all !

Thanks again joe.

16. I see nowhere in THIS thread where you say that you copied and pasted this from anywhere.
    Sorry my fault, I should have read every thread here on Grasscity before posting.:rolleyes:

So what is your first hand knowledge of this? I've seen your posts over at ICMag, mostly b/c of your
    avatar shooting me the bird, :Dbut I do not see a lot having to do with "TMV". Honestly, I didn't go
    through all your threads. I have first hand experience with this virus for around three years now. I
    have seen it in a dozen or more strains. Most from Europe and most containing Chemdog D. A LOT
    get culled b/c they are so bad. Some have been in my garden for years w/ little effect on yield or
    quality. Just a few funky leaves. I normally don't share vectors, but they do touch leaves, share
    medium, reservoirs, etc and I have never seen it transmitted. Not saying it can't happen, but the
    only way I have seen it spread is through cloning, seeds, or pollen.

Anyways, wasn't trolling, simply searching for a quote from H3ad about this and there it was. So I
    followed the link, where it states "this took a long time to do.....hope some of you apretiate it" How
    is one to know whether or not you meant that it took you a long to write it or copy and paste it?
    You cannot expect someone who does not visit this site to know. I hope everyone here at grasscity
    has a wonderful day and keep on growing.

Good luck with controlling or eliminating your mosaic viruses.:wave:

17. this was also meant to be a compilation of info and pics, so if you have anything to add here, please feel free, as the more knowledge in this thread the more ppl will learn....this thread is open for all to post if they have experience or valuble knowledge with this virus

18. Im pretty sure my Nirvana Bubblelicious has TMV or something like it.

At about 2 weeks it stopped growing completely. Now its growing but with some deformities.

Tip twisting, holes in leaf, and a mad curl. Will post pics later. I want to see if anyone else with these genetics are having problems.