Fake cinderblock wall?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by alonewolf, Jun 13, 2010.

1. I'm looking to section off a part of my basement. The walls are unfinished with painted 8"X8"X16" cinder blocks. I'd like to make a false wall. Drywalling just the wall would look strange, and I can't afford to drywall the entire basement.

This leaves me with either constructing a second wall with 8"X8"X16" cinderblocks (very labor intensive)

Or what I'd like to do, find some kind of 4'X8' sheets that have an 8"X16" cinderblock pattern/texture. Then I could paint the entire basement one color and it would blend right in.
    Does anyone know of something like this?

I'm just trying to find a way to match the rest of the cinderblocks in the basement, but not actually have to haul in whole cinderblocks and build a wall.

2. your best bet to blend it in is to just do the block wall honestly.....any fake paneling shit is just gonna stick out as bad or worse than the drywall would ......even if u paint it.....trust me ive done construstion work for over 10 yrs and the block wall then painted all one color is the best solution......then have a trap door in the floor above the secret room

3. It's a good investment. The one I've built hasn't always just been a grow room. I dropped a 500lb safe in there before I built it and so it's my little lair of safekeeping... And I've wired it up and run venting and the trapdoor is all but invisible... It's also a great place to hide from the wife...:D