Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Studying while high??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jam-pack, May 11, 2005.

1. I only study high if I take my exam high, too.

2. I'm going to start doing it man. I sometimes get lazy and won't want to start when I'm high, but once I get started I can't stop until I know I know the topic 100%.

How do you guys get passed the laziness?

3. I'm in uni polishing off an essay right now and i'm high as fuck :)

4. You just make it so there's no other option, tell yourself if your gonna smoke your going to study, period dot. :smoking:I also don't smoke a whole bunch at first, I load a bowl and take hits throughout my study session.

5. We're not talking a blunt-to-the-face-high here fellas. But I've definitely noticed that a few hits here and there help keep me motivated and into the readings, notes etc.

6. ya but you should probably take your test hi as well. i have noticed when i get hi i rmemeber things from my past highs that id forgotten

7. [Dunphy rolls a joint]
    Jane Weston: Put that away! It's time to study.
    Timothy Dunphy: No, really, I study better when I'm stoned. It's like my brain becomes more focused or something.
    Jane Weston: Yeah, right. You haven't gotten higher than a D since you've been here.
    Timothy Dunphy: That's cause there's no good weed around here!

Studying stoned works, although it takes much, much longer to fully grasp the material. It obviously makes more sense to treat pot as a reward for studying hard.

8. Studying stoned really does not work in my experience. You forget a lot. Because admit it, thats pretty much the one negative about weed, you forget a lot of the things that happened when you were high.

9. I'm not too good at studying high. My short term memory is completely shot and I can barely remember the last couple paragraphs that I just read.

The only thing is that my tolerance is still very low, so I'm still getting pretty baked off of only 1 bowl. Once my tolerance builds up a bit I'll give it a shot, but for now, I treat smoking as a reward for finishing my shit.

10. Let that be a lessen for other blades out there. :hello:

11. All my major tests I take/study for RIPPED. Thc creates brain activity bro, use it

12. And what grades do you usually get?

13. It's called state-dependent memory. If you study when your brain is in a certain state (high) then you are more likely to recall that information when your brain is in a similar state (high). This is a strong theory and is supported by numerous research.

Personally, I started studying high and taking tests high this semester and have been making outstanding grades thus far compared to last semester where I didn't. I'm definitely not getting stoned; just a few hits from a bowl is enough. Of course, everyone is different with varying physiological makeups so this might work for me, but not for someone else, but I wouldn't dismiss it or call it stupid like some people in this thread have.

14. I agree with ganjaphish, you can def get loads of work and studying done while high but you can't get too high, after a certain point you can't really work, but I find being slightly blazed to be great for work, especially if it normally frustrates you. For example, I did my computer science JAVA program while super baked, but being high gave the me the patience to struggle through all the crap I thought i couldn't do and I was able to finish the whole program in a week, with no previous knowledge of java and without using any help other than reading shit on the internet. And I was the third highest in my class, the two people who beat me got this girl's father, who is a systems engineer to basically do all their work for them.

not bad for a stoner huh?

15. :smoking:Im currently in college and hold a 3.5 gpa and im high all the time. I prefer to study high as well as taking the test. I feel its harder to focus when not on the green. If you smoke enough that you can stay focused then i believe smoking before and after are good ideas. If you need a reward to finish studying then roll/pack something and let it sit next to you until your finished. Its a personal thing so really its up to you. No one can say that you personally will do better sober than after toking. But personally enjoy your college years, there some of the best of your life.:smoking:

16. The key is to study high, not blazed. If I just take one rip and exhale, I get a light buzz and thats all you need. If you take a bong rip of some dank shit and get ripped your gonna be reading the first sentence over and over for the first hour.

17. #57 weirdfish, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
    I agree, if you get totally monged then studying is a terrible idea, but a couple of hits lifts me just a little bit and I often write essays in that kind of state. Gets the words flowing nicely I've found.

I'd say that I've never actually forgotten what I've done when stoned, I can always remember the main points. It's the detail that gets shot. If I read a book while I was super high I would be able to recall all the main plot points, but I couldn't give you a detailed analysis like I could if I'd been totally sober. I do love reading high though sometimes. I can never concentrate for long but reading a few pages of a great novel is amazing sometimes.

18. I used to study high all the time! But then again I have the kind of brain that can handle being high and sucking up info to remember later at the same time! I am convinced weed helped me get A's

19. I have never tried to study buzzed but I got stoned off my ass once and tried to do some of my calculus homework for fun. I could not even factor a polynomial haha.

20. lol I just get stuck on the easiest stuff as well