Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Target drug test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aka Sheezy, May 30, 2010.

1. So I need a job for the summer and I was thinking I'd apply at target. Has anyone applied there or does someone work there that knows whether they drug test or not?

2. Yes they drug test
    It's also rather difficult to get hired there.

3. thats not good. but yeah i know its tough but they just built a new one and there are mad job openings

4. Yeah a friend I know got a job there and told me they drug test.
    Targets a pretty well known chain so I wouldn't doubt they would drug test you.

5. for clean people broskii..haha yeah they drug test so start cleanin up mayne..

6. I would assume they would tell you if they would drug test you, so when they tell you take cranberry extract pills, drink lots of water, and excersize and you will be clean in 2-5 days.

7. its just a piss test

8. From what I've heard there is a test before you get hired, and then regular tests once you're working there. Might be different where you are though. You could just call and ask?

9. I put an app in and didn't get hollered at...so I say fuck Targer :) but if there is an opening near you, getting clean to get paid is what it's about. Good luck!

10. OK well suppose yesterday was the last time I smoked, when should I go in for the application? like a couple weeks maybe to be safe? I'm 5'9", 180. a little fat on my body but go for a mile run almost every morning.

11. I just got hired to work as In Stock TM, so I gotta restock and check prices and shit.

Anyways, you go through about 1-2 interviews depending on the job. One thing is DON'T BE PICKY! If they ask what you're interested just say anything and you're available anytime (Unless you have school or something, than you can say it then or tell them later. I waited until later to make myself representable)

You have to take a VERY easy test, which the answer is either "Tell Supervisor" or "Do the job right".

If they call you again here's where shit gets tricky. Once you're told that they want you on board, you got 24 hours to take a drug test or they rescind the offer.

For me, its a piss test and the person isn't with you in the bathroom. They check pH, color and temperature ON THE SPOT. After they send it to the lab and within a day or two Target will let you know in an email to go to some orientation meaning you're in the clear!

After that, they will test you from time to time, so I'm on a T break in the foreseeable future..... so its up to you if you're willing to give it up.

Macy's is having a hiring spree too and they don't drug test, just an FYI.

12. Walking stoner i love you. you just told me everything i need to hear. I'm sorry but i can't give up weed. It's the first summer out of high school. I'm just trying to have a good time. Seriously though, thanks so much.

13. 2 of my buddies work at target they both said they got tested when they got hired but have never been tested after that.

14. Your welcome :). I would say go for it. If you pass, AWESOME and I'm sure they won't drug test you often so maybe you can get away with it for the summer.

It depends on the store. Its in my store's policy to test from time to time; whether they do is up for discussion.

15. they call those 'assessments', and goddamn theyre annoying.

16. Even if you dont want to get a job at target please get a job somewhere else instead of not doing anything. I think if every stoner started becoming more responsibly it will get legalized faster so still Stay on that tbreak and put applications for many jobs. A job is a job.