When to flower after transplant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Canadiantokr420, May 26, 2010.

1. I have a female that is about 4 -5 weeks in veg but 3 days ago I did a transplant from a 1 gallon to a 6 gallon container. The plant was root bound and is healthy but I want to make sure that the roots settle in before I flip the lights. I know that during the first 2 weeks of flowering, the plant will still promote root growth and upward plant growth, but I want the root ball to be root bound when Its at the end of the flower cycle. So how much longer should I wait, or can I flip it to 12/12 and have the same results as letting it go say another 3-4 days.

Thx for your help.

P.S I didnt do anything to the root before placing in 6 gallon pot, just put it in there(some growers will make a lil slit in the bottom or break up some of the soil on the bottom)

2. My light is 250 watts CFL ( 6x42 watts) of red spectrum and my temps are 27celcius(80f).

If I put a seedling heat mat under the pot's tray, will this encourage faster root growth,such as the cloning method? And can I use it thruought the entire cycle?