Whats the secret to increasing bud size

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by unity420, May 15, 2010.

1. Well, looking for some proven advice to make buds more dense. I have a Mr. Nice guy growing and she is doing great, I used the LST method and as advertised I have more bud sites then I can count. I am using FFOF soil and have been feeding with tiger bloom and grow big. SHe is 5 weeks into flower and she has stopped stretching and now its all about the BUD. So, what are the secrets or methods to increase BUD density. I figure I will flower her another 4 to 5 weeks

Attached Files:

2. #2 mrbob_58, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    the secret is paitence.....sorry theres no other magic potion. good light and nutes in balanced water....in 2-3 weeks when its ready for harvest it should increase big time. i think you are doing everything right...the plants look good

3. Well thats kind of the way I have been going. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some thing. I have noticed they have been swelling up a bit. She was needing water every 7 days there for the longest time, now with all the flowering she needs it right around every 5 days or so. The aroma is beautiful too

U420

4. I have the secret. It took me a long time. For me it has been to use relatively low levels of nutrients and decrease stress and increase light.

5. You don't want to give Grow Big this late into flowering. You can pick up Big Bloom and the other supplements for flowering and I'm sure they'll make difference for ya.

But yah, the buds will get denser as the finish line arrives.

Here is the Fox Farm feeding schedule for soil. soilfeed.pdf

6. It's all about waiting for those calyxi to swell up with sweet THC resin.

7. I have read that adding sugar or mollases during the last weeks before harvesting will increase dry bud weight by 20%. I haven't used the method my self so I cannot verify this claim. You might want to look into though. (found in Jorge Cervantes Indoor/Outdoor Growers Bible and a few sources online). Good luck!

8. #8 Dankafied, May 15, 2010
    dude just get some Humboldts Purple Maxx and Gravity...the Gravity is a flower hardener and will increase bud mass and bud density. the Purple Maxx is a trich/resin booster and increases Gravity's flower hardening capabilities. the mix will also flush old salts/nutrients from ur roots. youll actually see the stuff draining out of ur pots. its pretty gnarly. cut off all nutes and use it during the last 3 weeks of flowering. purple maxx is 100% organic and Gravity is all natural. its kinda of expensive but well worth it.

9. #9 Dankafied, May 15, 2010

lmao!

10. VOTEYESIN2010..For sure I will... My bust on the Nutes. Its tiger bloom and big bloom I am using. I am feeding based on the FF soil feed guide too. Its been working great, this is a text book grow thanks to this Forum. I am pleased with the amount of bud sites based on the LST. Which I would have to say if you are concerned with height and want plenty of Bud thats the way to go. It takes a little more paying attention but its gonna be well worth it in the end :)

Dankafied, Humboldts purple maxx and gravity..I have to say I have not heard of that stuff. I will do some home work and check it out. I'll ask the guy at the Hydro store about it. I ccan tell the weight of the bud is going up as the branches are starting to show signs of weight. If its good stuff I'll start using it in about a week or two and watch for results. Thanks

U420

11. It is definately a learning curve growing great herb. As a ten year veteran I have found using a non-soil mix like Promix with some bat guano and worm castings mixed in along with well airated water and controled PH really gets things going well. In around the 5th week I top feed adding a bit more quano and castings and also add a molasses based nutient. My buds have never been bigger, firmer or better tasting. Dont forget to flush in the last week or two before harvest just to make sure things are cleaned up. My primary reference is Jorge Cervantes Medical Marijuana Bible and it has answered any questions I have had, highly recommended. It also suggests giving the girls at least 24 hours of darkness before harvesting which I will try this time around.

12. I have read that adding sugar or mollases during the last weeks before harvesting will increase dry bud weight by 20%. I haven't used the method my self so I cannot verify this claim. You might want to look into though. (found in Jorge Cervantes Indoor/Outdoor Growers Bible and a few sources online). Good luck!

*lmao*

Sugar. And this does what?

Yet more excellent advice from ol' George Van Patten?

Lol

J

13. Lol good ole Jorge was my learning curve...and then I smartened up and started listening to SG1, and Jerry^^^^^ as I'm switching to organics.

14. Molasses is beneficial, but not because the plant absorbs sugar. It increases the number of beneficial bacteria and fungi in the soil which aid in nutrient transfer. It's not just for finishing and it won't directly increase resin production.

The real secrets are no secret at all:

- More Light
    - Plant training
    - Larger Pots
    - Air pots
    - CO2
    - Proper nutrients and PH

• Like Like x 1
  15. it's all about providing everything the plant wants in the correct proportions. so fix any weak links you have. the most common weakest links are lack of oxygen to the roots, and incorrect nutrient strength. you can give the plants more oxygen in soil by leaving longer between watering. it's surprising how dry they can go before any wilting. yours do look over fertilised so lowering your nute dose will likely help .

growing with hydro allows you to give your plants their specifically targeted amount of nutrient strength and much larger amounts of oxygen to the roots so if you want more bud next time you may want to give that a shot. adding more light is often an easy way to get more bud too.

16. Mix your shit in with your nute teas. :ey:

17. All natural my ass lol old thread but comical

18. Gypsie tears....

19. Mammoth gives free samples from their website, also they say on the containers increase bud growth it has to do what is say which means they had to prove it works.. might not be much but free samples worth the try

Sent from my 5065N using Grasscity Forum mobile app