Does WEED make you LAZY?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by StrikerSiX, Jun 12, 2002.

1. It makes the consequences of letting ones self become lazy seem less dire :p

2. It depends on what time of day it is, or how much I have smoked already that day.

Wake and bakes get me going good. An end of the day smoke mellow's me out.

A "few hours before bed" smoke makes me lazy and just fall asleep.

-C

3. exactly

4. to an observer i more than likely look like im lazy. But let me assure you that i dont think im being lazy. my mind wants to keep working, in fact it wont stop. it motivates my fingers to type it motivates my eyes to move back and forth. maybe not the most arduous of physical tasks which accounts for the illusion of laziness but the mental work being done is sky rocketing.

5. I heard you burn a ton of calories when thinking.

6. I get lazy. Lol. I get super stoned and don't want to do anything but talk with my friends and chill wherever I'm sitting.

Might just be me. Who knows.

~Kroovy

7. Weed makes me motivated to do the things I don't like to do because I know i'll still be having a good time b/c i enjoy being high. e.g. i smoke before i run 3 miles.

8. #48 FCFondler, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
    laziness and procrastination has been the outcome of complacency & comfortability

for meh ...unfortunatly :smoking:

[edit]: however i have been lazy and procrastinative my whole life, i use weed soley for motivation

9. Hell fucking yea I get lazy. I smoke during the day and I am not doing SHIT for the rest of the day except listen to music, play music, watch movies or shows. That's why I rarely smoke during the day. I only get the lazy feeling for 5 hours after I smoke.

10. lol yeah that what i do too. but me .. i dont feel lazy for the first 30 minutes.i just feel silly laughing and saying random stuff to my mates but after the 30 minutes i start to feel the munchies and i eat and after i eat...THATS WHEN I FEEL LAZY

11. I'm already lazy, weed just makes it more fun.

12. i think that it all depends on the weed and the smoker. like some sorts of indica would just knock you on your ass for a couple hours but some others would make you wanna get out and do some shit but me personally, i can climb Everest twice when im high.

13. Weed has never made me lazy. I smoke everyday before some soccer games and personally it makes me feel light on my feet and makes me play a lot better and more focused on the strategy,ball, and what I should be doing for my team. Every team I have ever been on 95% of the team smoked. And I've been on 3 high school varsity teams. One got second in regionals.When me and my group of dudes I smoke with smoke we usually go play soccer or tennis. We all love playing sports high. Try it sometime.

14. im feelin pretty lazy right now :smoke:

15. Maybe....but it could be that continuing prohibition against the wonderful plant is nothing more than just big business and lot's of money flowing. Prisons are slammed with people on MJ charges. It's big business for corporate managed prisons, lawyers, LEO...the list runs on. Lot's and lot's of money flowing to these creitons.

I don't care what "they" do about the other intoxicants. Just leave the herb be.

Free the weed! :hello:

16. nope. physically I might slow down for a little while. But then my mind starts working double time. twice as fast as usual but also twice as smooth. I (like others have said here) get creative and pro-active. I might meditate, philosophize, start to build contraptions, make music and art. fix things, all sorts of stuff. but lazy? no.

17. I think that it makes you satisfied with life as it is in a zen way. I only smoke in the morning (it keeps me up at night) but I've always found myself glorying in the simple smell the roses type of things and never much interest in "career" getting ahead, making myself known in the world. Just reading and thinking and loving my family and friends. Don't worry, be happy...

As others on this thread have noted, it sure does make laundry and cleaning and all the mundane chores of life kind of beautiful and fun. And then there's working out, my avocation of thirty years standing ... yoga, cycling, running, stair climbing in Santa Monica, swimming -- all great to do high.

I was always able to manage the necessaries -- college, grad school, decent jobs, but my ambition level is low. Just happy with what is, and pot is part of why. I do think Americans do not like to see people slowing down in this way, and that is why they call it "amotivational syndrome". A recent study was perplexed by the fact that people "suffering" from amotivational syndrome expressed high levels of life satisfaction.

18. Far from it. Without weed I couldn't have had the stamina to keep working the hours I do or have creativity to do the things I've done. I can't speak highly enough of it. It's certainly changed me for the better in many ways, and helped me enormously medically speaking.

MelT

19. Being lazy, makes you lazy.

20. I dunno, you could call it laziness, but for me, I just become less physically stimulated and much more mentally stimulated. So it will appear that I'm not doing anything, but my mind is moving much faster than it was before smoking. So I guess less gets done, but lots of thinking and reflection gets done and I find that to be really helpful.