Phantom vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by wolfkidz, May 11, 2010.

1. I see what your saying. However, that sheath and the shims beneath it are actually made of mica. But i know what you mean by the smell, which we call the robot fart over at FC.

We all (down at FC) thought it was caused by plastic at first too, or mabey sone low temp sillicone. I mean the smell certainly smelled like it. But then a FC user too his apart and discovered why his was smelling.

What it turned out to be is that arizers battery pack supplier wasn't properly curing the heat shrink tubing they were using to hold the cells together. When the vape heated up, the batteries got hot from discharge and the heat shrink tubing started to outgas as it shrunk.

If your friend still has his unit, he can get rid of the smell by baking it in the oven at 450 for 10 minutes. That's the temperature the packs supplier should have heated the tubing too.

2. I beleive he's already sold it. Though this is good information.

I've been debating on trying an Arizer Solo. My iolite just doesn't cut it. I mean it works, but it appears to use conduction as a basis. Not the type of vaporization I'd prefer.

Sucks that we're not able to check out these devices before we make a buy.(I almost always buy in-store unless i'm familiar with the product.) Though pherhaps I'll have to check on fuckcombustion for that type of information. I've been there before, but I must have missed it.

3. Lol wow I should not have resurrected this damn thread. Joe ur talkin total bullshit homie. When u said u were still on ur first bag I knew u were talkin bs. That's not possible this things bags are the worst. Unless you are an experienced vape user with lots of patience this thing won't work. It took me like a year before I was able to get a satisfying bag from it. Don't buy waste of money. I use a whip vape I got on e bay for 24 bucks free shopping works every time

4. I just got mine a few hrs ago,, traded a 200$ pipe for it, 3hrs wrk for me:D to my buddy at the head shop..

http://www.facebook.com/v/1974555200603

its workin great I cant tell a diff between it and the volcano i was hittin last yr... i have manyyyyy vapes too so im a vapin foool lol,, heres my score.., damn thing even shuts its self off after 15 20 min,, nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. I need help fixing me phantom does anybody has the smarts to do so??? Heating element ain't working.

6. Get a new 5 amp fuse

7. I'm not sure which I want to buy next month, I've tried the "volcano", at a friends place, WOW, adjusted my attitude, I got high like I did as a younger stoner. Now, reading your comments, I think I will go with the "Phantom", vaporizer, I will post my opinion in about 2 weeks or less. Note: I'm 62yrs old, have been smoking since 1969, became a disabled vet in 1991, I call it my attitude adjustment medicine. call me 1crazyvet

8. #88 Mr Horsepower, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    Hey crazy vet if you like bag style vapes I would definitely check out the extreme q, herbalaire, and the zephyr ion. These are all reputable vapes from reputable manufacturers, and the phantom is not so much. The Q and HA are dual functionality (whip or bag) while the ion is strictly bags. The HA is better at bags the Q is better at whip. Definitely check these great vapes out for around the same price or even less than the phantom. Any questions just quote this post my friend.

9. happy to own. Picked up my phantom two years ago. Very satisfied in the long run, although when it was new I ruined most of my attempts. 5-10 minutes to warm up for sure. I've purchased volcano sold valve set, that fits the perfect to the knock off device. I had a roommate for around 5 years I was so jelly of his $600 volcano. But now I love my $200 phantom much more. Price is much different but it's just a a heater. When it was new and I couldn't figure out temperature I would have given it 2 stars but over all now 10 star