Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Smoke and Ulcers.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Davy_Serpents, May 9, 2010.

1. I was diagnosed with peptic ulcers and aphthous ulcer. I can't seem to be able to do any fucking thing without flaring them up. I can't eat anything, I can't drink any alcoholic beverages. I can sit and drink water and eat organic foods with lean healthy meats. Please tell me I don't have to stop smoking!!!

2. #2 Abusek, May 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010

3. Oddly enough i've hear different. I have a friend that takes MMJ for the nausea in the morning and it really helps her.

4. i have a hiatal hernia (sp?)

and i think some ulcers as well.

i found out cause i was hospitalized 2 about 2 months ago because i could not stop throwing up blood for like 2 days. they shoved a camera down my throat to find what was wrong.

anyways sometimes weed really helps me, and other times it makes me vomit almost immediately.

but i feel ya on not really being able to do anything without them flaring up...it really sucks sometimes.

ps. i read an article in treating yourself(mmj magazine) about marijuana and the GI tract. it pretty much said that marijuana can be helpful at times, but can also work against you depending on your symptoms sometimes to.

5. #5 Storm Crow, May 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
    These might be interesting for you....

Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease (news - 2006)
    Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease: The Hempire - [cannabis, britain]

Differential Expression of Cannabinoid Receptors in the Human Colon: Cannabinoids Promote Epithelial Wound Healing
    (abst - 2005)
    Elsevier

Gastrointestinal Disorders (news - 2009)
    Gastrointestinal Disorders - NORML

Cannabinoids cool the intestine (full - 2004)
    Cannabinoids cool the intestine

Synthetic THC Eases Stomach Cramping, Study Says (news - 2006)
    Synthetic THC Eases Stomach Cramping, Study Says - NORML

Scientific studies are SO nice- they provide actual FACTS!

Granny :wave:

6. The links were very helpful, thank you. I prefer indica, the fact that it has possible anti-inflammatory properties makes it even better.

7. No that's just a straight up fact man. It's also a mild broncodialator. If you want to know what I'm talking about smoke.. or vape (less harsh anyway) some bud when you have a stuffed nose and the symptoms clear up for the better part of the high you experience. I love it when I'm sick - makes it so much better. I vape though because I don't want to add so much irritation to the lungs when already sick