Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Minty smelling weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by monkmartin179, May 8, 2010.

1. i picked up some realllly undermatured buds that were harvested too early and poorly trimmed, and it definitely smelled like mint and tasted like mint when smoked, but that shit was terrible so i threw it out. maybe you got the same thing, itll look like a really fluffy nug but its awful

2. I've smoked some stuff that smelled like a Pine Tree before.

3. you sure it wasnt k2? we had some the other night to try it, and it smelt pretty minty.

4. No I've seen K2 before and this is not what it looks like.

Looks like some slightly purple weed im pretty sure its dank but i was just curious maybe I got a popular strain or something

5. Definitely pics when you get the chance.

Pine is definitely a popular smell for the ganj (in referrance to some of the above posts)

From other posts and logical sense I think it could smell like mint because:

a) Was hid or stashed in something that contained mints or was wrapped in mint leaves

b) Is just the natural smell of that strain

c) Was grown next to mint to blend in making it stealthier

6. lol? this guy serious?

7. Some sativa dom strains are minty smelling, just a characteristic of some sativa's.

8. truth

9. Mint is pretty common, like a skunk sprayed a miint tree.

10. Looking for the same awnser bro got this weed and smells really minty abd its getting me really high off like 2 bongs curious to know what strain it is as i would want it again

11. Old AF post just had to comment to check that now we've moved on a couple of years people understand terpenes and how terpenes are responsible not only for the taste and smell of weed but also regular herbs ;). The same terpenes present in some strains of weed are also present in mint hence how some strains have a minty vibe, just share some of the same terpenes as the herb mint and thus some of the same smells or tastes.. Also chronic is and has been a strain for all these years, the name probably comes from the slang term chronic.. Dr Dre had an album of the same name... Im from the UK and the strain and the slang was being used from long before this post started and too this day both the strain and the slang are still used.. Hell i think people even knew about the terpenes in both weed and mint when this post started im just real high on some stuff that has a slight mint smell to it and found this so thought fuck it ;P

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mint as companion crop?

13. I know this is old AF but I used to grow train wreck and jack herer back in the day and they all smelled like mint.

14. First thing I thought of was the sativa strain in the 70's/80's called sinsemilla. The word simply means seedless so I'm not sure of its actual genetics, but it most definitely smelled like an exotic mint-based cooking spice from another planet.