Helpful Tips for Vaporizer Users

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by blackbur, May 7, 2010.

1. Yea I know that but honestly most people who only smoke have never taken a 10-20 second long pull. I say slow but then I watch the chamber and listen to the water and tell them how to adjust their speed so they get a moderatelysized hit.

2. True..going from smoking to vaporizing is a strange but interesting transition. Especially high wise.

3. Turning the heating element off and on multiple times through out the course of the day can damage and even shorten the lifespan of your vaporizer, its best to leave it on a low setting through out the day if you plan on using it more then once.

Make sure to leave it in a safe and stable place.:D

4. Seeing as I've only used a Volcano Vaporizer when vaping here's some tips I can give:

-For first time users of this type of vape, go mid level 4-6 on the heat. When the light turns off, move it over a bit, just so it clicks on again, after about 30 seconds the light should still be on, but nearing end. Start up the air to push the vapor and air into the bag. When the light turns back on, stop the air, let the bud cook some more, then air it up again.

- If you want a quick and easy , and extremely heavy/dense vapor in the bag, crank it to the higher numbers 7+, and let it cook, after the light turns on, wait another 10 seconds or so, an then put hair on. If you think within the first 5 seconds there isn't enough smoke, your probably right, if there's a good mixture of it, then leave it be.

-Never fill the bag up all the way, it can blow up, expand to ruin the machine, or cause leaks within the gaps of the connection of bag to mouthpiece unit.

5. ^ thanks for dropping some volcano info much appreciated!

6. It may seem like it needs to be hotter, but then your burning it and not vaping which is the whole point isnt it? it should not be thick like smoke.

7. If you are low on herb and want to conserve as much as possible, then there are some inhaling techniques you can do.

The first tip is to exhale the vapor in intervals, while also inhaling fresh air between the intervals. This keeps the vapor inside of the lungs for a longer time while also allowing oxygen to be replenished.

Another tip is to exhale into a bag or a bong. Our lungs are not so efficient as to absorb everything that we inhale, so when we exhale there will always be some actives left in the air. If you exhale this breath into a bong or some sort of bag, then you can inhale it again.

Some people have even exhaled into cloths to capture exhaled actives. Over time, the rag collects vapor that has been passed through it. This condensed vapor can be dissolved in a solvent, like butane, CO2, ethanol, isopropyl alcohol (or any other nonpolar solvent), and evaporated to create oil. This oil can be revaped, but I don't really like this method as the cloth can grow mold (because of the moisture in our breath) or smell gross over time.

8. Great advice man. +rep

• Like Like x 1
  9. DAMN aero..thats concrete. thanks for contributing and for the rep :)

10. After a good portion of uses through one bag, don't ever be scared to change the bag to a new one. It might seem like a hassle, but you can taste the difference right away. That one or two times you had bad shit and it might leave a linger in your mouth? Change the bag to one that you haven't used before. You can even collect some of the leftover actives and resin from the vapor/smoke, just be sure to clean it out.

Also, just like any GonG, remember to keep the vaporizer residue/oil gunk free and clean. They even provide you, with teh Volcano, with a small metal brush to clean shit out. Use it, and fix or re-knew the wire mesh screen every now and then. This will keep your vaporizer overall, clean, and efficient. (If your like my sister, she never cleans it up, and I have to do it all the time, but its fine that way, I get first hit every time she doesn't clean it, HA LOL!)

11. For the VaporBrothers vape, stirring the bud with a stick occasionally helps the bud vaporize more thoroughly. Also, as has already been said, do not by knockoff brands of good vapes and assume they are of the same quality. They're not.

12. Read your warranty and register your vaporizer.

If it breaks, clean it well..should be spotless and resin free.

Wrap the unit in bubble wrap..and pack it with some packing peanuts or styro-foam so your unit isn't damaged while its being shipped to the repair dept.

Make sure to touch base with the customer service rep or consultant, try and find out when your vaporizer arrivals..when its being repaired and when you should expect it in the mail.

Remember if your going to pay $100+ for a vaporizer, why not take advantage of free repairs and customer service..as long as its clean its legal.

Shipping ground is also a must.:wave:

13. This may seem obvious... but try to get your other "smoker" friends into vaping!

Having the ability to try new vapes with them or not needing to bring out the dusty pipes for those social gatherings is always nice.

14. YES! lol i try to do it every time i have people over.."whats a vaporizer?" kinda makes me feel like The emperor..trying to recruit new Sith apprentices..:rolleyes:

15. Does anyone have tips for cleaning a MFLB? adding them would be highly appreciated :)

16. One time a friend took a hit from my LB and combusted some herb. I got super duper pissed thinking I'd have to wait for a replacement.

What I did to clean it was brush all the leftover plant matter out of the trench. Then I dipped the brush in alcohol and scrubbed all over the screen. I did this a few and then I let it sit out to air dry. I also used a pipe cleaner and alcohol to clean the stem and rinsed and dried. Now there's little taste of that incident.

17. It is best to use a q-tip, as you have more control over how much alcohol is left on the screen. Alcohol is bad for wood so do not soak it in alcohol.

After "dotting" the screen with the rubbing alcohol, proceed to rub it with the q-tip. Then let the alcohol evaporate.

Finally, take the Launch Box and plug the battery in it with no herbs inside. There will be a condensation of cannabis vapor inside of the unit, and the excessive heat from the screen should get some of that condensation back in vapor form and out of the device.

This is the only good cleaning method that I know about for the device.

18. Thanks NYC and Aero.

When vapor-bonging with a glass on glass bong, you can insert the whip into the joint/downstem or you can use a Glass water adapter..the one in the picture i purchased from VB.

[​IMG]

Direct inhale vaporizers[purple days] can also be put in downstems along with bags from forced air vaporizers[volcano..zepher ion].

[​IMG]

If you have a picture of a purple days in a bong..please post it :) thanks.

19. Listen to advice. Don't be ignorant and think you know more than people who actually have experience with what they're doing. I'm not talking down to anyone either because I did this myself and almost messed my vaporizer up because of it. Listen to advice and learn as much as you can about your vaporizer.

Also, allow enough time for it to properly warm up so you can get the most from your vaporizing experience.

20. When buying new tubing for your whip its best to buy it from the company who made your vaporizer...

If you can't its easy to find it at places such as Home Depot or Lowes just make sure its food grade/surgical grade tubing.

When replacing Screens you should also buy it from the compan who made your vaporizer because they are pre-burned, destroying toxic coatings on the screens.

Also these screens can be found at headshops and Home Depot, Lowes and even some convenience stores be sure to burn them through with a torch to burn off any coatings that they made have had.Make sure you get STAINLESS STEEL..Brass and Copper jus wont cut it.