Students punished for wearing American flags on Cinco de Mayo

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, May 6, 2010.

1. Sure its THEIR country but for them to pick that 1 day where you celebrate your heritage and get together with friends to show off their country's colors is an obvious display of intolerance. You're blind if you dont see that.

2. Hate to break it to you man, but Canada's the hub of the free world, not America. America has too much policing to really be called free.

3. Let's say it's intolerant; now, what's your solution? Forcing them to take off the shirts? That's reasonable.

They didn't harm anyone. They didn't threaten anyone. They wore a shirt with an American flag. What law/rule did they violate? The unwritten rules of political correctness? :rolleyes:

4. Also, isn't it everyone's country equally? I mean if these Mexicans were born in America I don't see why they're any less American than any of you Americans.

That being said, the principle probably just sent them home cause they were trying to stir some shit up. You can't seriously tell me that these kids' only motivation was to demonstrate their American pride.

5. we have the right in this country to be wrong.

does it merit further discussion? no.

but proceed

6. :mad:
    In highschool you are bound to the school rules and some of these rules are unwritten. You dont have the same rights in highschool as you do in general public. If the school staff thinks your group is being disrespectful for whatever reason and its possible that your group is going to set off racial tension then they have every right to remove those students in question.

7. What rule did they violate? What law did they violate? What specifically did they do wrong?

I'm sorry, those kids were trying to stir up shit by wearing a t-shirt depicting this country's flag. :rolleyes:

8. At least I understand your position. The principal is definitely going to face heat for this obviously ridiculous decision. What exactly did they do wrong? Please be specific. It's hard to say they were being disrespectful or setting off racial tension by simply wearing a t-shirt depicting this nation's flag.

Keep grasping at straws and getting mad over nothing. That's exactly what this country needs: more divisions.

9. god this shit is so dumb. sometimes i think maybe ill just leave the country. but honestly it might just be the human race as a whole. FUCK

10. If I moved to canada and I was a canadian citizen I would not be offended... why should I be?

11. I must be blind, because I don't see it.

Imagine if we went to Canada for say... an Olympic Games, and our snowboarders won the gold metal and went to take their place on the podium to celebrate our victory, and with our flag held high and the U.S.A.'s national anthem playing in the background those defiant Canadian's waived their flags during our celebration.... how dare they. No..... wait.....I'm still not offended.

12. How would you like to return to Grasscity Forum on 4th of July to find that the entire forum is decorated with the Dutch flag just for that one day? Wouldnt you think thats a little weird?(please dont try to bring up the red, white, and blue colors as an excuse)

13. Since Cinco de Mayo was a celebration of Mexico's victory over France, maybe wearing a French flag would be offensive, by why would an American Flag be offensive?

14. Thats a lame analogy, the Canadians waving their flags during a celebration of a gold medal would be a different story. This has nothing to do with a day of celebrating a heritage.

15. I'd find it weird, but I wouldn't get mad or feel disrespected or offended. I may inquire as to why they've got Dutch flags everywhere, but I wouldn't assume anything or even protest it.

It's not my forum board. The owners are allowed to do whatever they want and I have 0 say in how they decorate their website.

16. I disagree they are both a celebration of victory over another country.

17. Because a bunch of kids wearing American flag colors on that particular day would be like them saying "Screw your Cinco de Mayo, this is America!"

18. The bottom line is that we live in America

This is fucking America and the day some asshole walks up to me and tells me to remove an article of clothing with my country's flag on it, I just might punch that cocksucker in the face

Here's the e-mail I sent the principal

19. No its not, the Olympics is a victory in a sport. It has nothing to do with celebrating something to do with the history of your heritage.

20. The only reason this is a problem because all the preteen mexis think they have big balls. What those kids did is kinda lame, but who the fuck cares...dont cry over it.