Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Gummy Bears?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by mos_def, Apr 29, 2010.

1. That is more of weed jello than gummy worms, but it should work since people do make jello shots.

2. And jello shots mean jello pot would work?

I do think it would work, but the fact that people make jello shots has NADA to do with jello pot lol.

3. i dunno..sounds kinda gross though.

4. Umm yes actually if you use green dragon as your source of alcohol. :rolleyes:

5. Works better with a strong glycerine tincture added to it instead of alcohol IMO.

6. #7 Joe Luxon, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
    EDIT: The Add was removed.

7. huh? i just want weed gummy bears man.

8. you can defs make it with tincture like OSG said, well atleast jello shots, been there, done that, dont remember a fucking moment of the night besides waking up on a couch high as fuck still then passing back out

9. hahaha ya man ive been scouring the internet for anyone thats tried it, somehow that page slipped by me. I dont know why that guy thinks your a "sock puppet", he might have been referring to the post above OSG that AK Infinity deleted for spam? i dunno

10. this stuff is too complicated for me at the moment, but i will definitely check back on this technique when i have the time and equipment and weed.

11. i've tried hash gummies from a collective in fresno, ca
    popped 3 of them put me on my ass haha

12. Glycerin is commonly used in candy making as well so you can do all sorts of fun things with a good strong tincture. Just make sure you use food grade glycerin :)

13. hahaha yea, my friend that makes up the oil, mixed like 1.5 g's oil then 3/4 everclear 1/4 glycerin or some close mix, its daaaaaank

14. i was wondering.. couldn't you just add kief and stir till its blended into the gummy bear mixture?

15. not with that recipe, if there is nothing for the kief to bind to, like fats or alcohol, it wont work. thats why people cook it into oil or butter first.
    I asked OSG (oldskoolgrower, hes a really experienced toker that posts here) how to do it once, and he suggested that I make a tincture using Propylene Glycol and putting that in the recipe, look that up, its a fairly basic process.

16. In the bay area we have many MANY types of edibles ranging from caramel corn to stroop waffles. But my favorite by far are these cannabis oil gummies. They are these sigles wrapped packages containing a small (about 1.5" across) cherry flavored gummy disc.

These come in both indica and sativa varieties and contain 1.05g of cannabis. To give you an idea what that means.....it means eat MAYBE half of a SINGLE gummy. They will destroy you...no joke.

17. no doubt.. edibles get you the highest. I just make tons of chocolate with hash oil, .4 per 40g of chocolate, make the illest chocolate milk ever.

18. #19 BadKittySmiles, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    Herb gummies are SUPER easy to make.. if you think you'll have trouble making a good hard candy, gummies are the way to go :)

When making canna gummies, you will want to use less gelatin than many of the internet recipes call for. I've notice that many recipes severely underestimate the power of the gelatin they are working with, and if you use too much, you risk your body not being able to break it down and 'separate' the potent extract from it, quite as quickly, as it otherwise could.

Recipe # 1 - non-vegans/vegetarians

You will need

- 3 x envelopes of Knox gelatin (3/4 an oz, or three Tbsp)

- 5 Tbsp sugar

- 2 Tbsp golden syrup, invert sugar (syrup), or corn syrup

- powdered sugar (for dusting; amount may vary)

- 3/4 cup water, or your favorite juice, divided

- glycerin tincture, or canna/hash oil, or citric-lecithin extract

- 1/2 tsp lecithin

- 1/8 tsp citric acid powder, just a pinch (if not using a citric extract)

- Your favorite flavor, added per the manufacturers directions
    (Some flavorings are more concentrated than others, I use a few drops of Lorann concentrated oils.... or no extra flavor at all! Canna actually tastes pretty good, and almost 'fruity' in and of itself, in a sugary candy. But it could be an acquired taste ;) )

Mix your sugar, citric powder, lecithin and gelatin, with two Tbsp cold juice, or water. Add the canna tincture, or oil you're working with.

Boil the remaining juice or water in a separate container. Once boiled, pour over your gelatin, canna, lecithin sugar mix. Add your syrup, and your flavoring.

Stir until blended well, pour into lightly greased molds, or onto a small baking sheet well/entirely-dusted with powdered sugar. Place in the fridge until your gelatin sets up (a half hour, more or less depending on the size/density of the candy).

If poured onto a sheet with powdered sugar, cut into thin strips... you now have canna gummie worms. :) If you'd like striped colors, make two or three batches, then pour them into the pan one at a time, in a row, allowing one section to partially solidify before adding the next. Otherwise, pop your candies out of your molds, and either immediately box or bag, or dust with powdered sugar, then bag.

Recipe # 2 - Vegan/vegetarian (brief)

Using all the same ingredients as above, except you will use fruit pectin, or agar powder, rather than gelatine..

You will need

- 1.5 oz, agar or fruit pectin

- 5 Tbsp sugar

- 2 Tbsp golden syrup, invert sugar (syrup), or corn syrup

- powdered sugar (for dusting; amount may vary)

- 3/4 cup water, or your favorite juice, divided

- glycerin tincture, or canna/hash oil, or citric-lecithin extract

- 1/2 tsp lecithin

- 1/8 tsp citric acid powder, just a pinch (if not using a citric extract)

- Your favorite flavor, added per the manufacturers directions

Mix all ingredients, except flavoring, and canna extract, in a sauce pot. Stir well for two to three minutes, until dissolved, before applying heat.

Boil over a medium heat, until the texture is nice and thick. Remove from heat and stir in your flavoring and canna extract.

Pour into molds that have been dusted with corn starch or powdered sugar, in advance. I recommend using a cookie sheet for this rather than small, or delicate molds.. it's a bit tougher to work with (I think) than gelatin candy. Place in the freezer.

Once solid, thwack the candy out onto a clean counter top. Cut to shape. Dust further with powdered sugar, bag, and store in a cool dry place.

Once you get the hang of it, you can experiment with different textures, flavors, and brands of jello mix...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have fun, and good luck!

19. thanks for the recipe. I'm gonna make them for a friend who has esophageal cancer. totally stoked!