Potassium Deficiency??? seedlings!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by masterlights, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Ok my seedlings are 2 weeks and 3 days old today.For the first 2 weeks they were in a starter deep cell green house with 3.5" deep cells.the medium was 3 parts roots organic,light warrior,coco and they had root riot starter plugs in the middle.first 2 weeks in the ghouse everything was good except i noticed slight yellowing on new set of leaves which i knew they were eating up all the N out of the 1/3 roots soil.

A couple days after i transplated em into their 1 gal pots of the same medium i started noticing purplish stems on all the plants and small brown spots on some of the old fan leaves of just a couple of the seedlings.

THey didnt get fed at all until yesterday with a 1/4 strength of grow big and a splash of hygrozyme.

Is this most likely potassium def????
    What should i change next go around?Just use 100% roots soil and maybe hit em up with a light nute earlier??

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      339.4 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      460.7 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      460.7 KB
      Views:
  2. #3 Dankafied, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010
    Roots Organic and Light Warrior have enough nutes already in the soil to last a good 3 to 4 weeks. Roots Organic is considered a hot soil. that could just be nute burn. The coco is gonna throw off ur PH in the long run. PH doesnt really factor in the first 3 to 4 weeks. Other than that they look good! nutrient deficiencies dont really occur until after the first 3 or 4 weeks. anything before that is just nute burn. you should never plants nutes during seedling stage. put faith in the soil!

3. well it cant be nute burn bc i know what nute burn looks like..the tips of the leaves brown a bit..thats not on any of the leaves.i would of put faith in the soil but how is it after 2 weeks i have purple stems and spots now.

the seedlings grew great for the first 2 weeks..then growth slowed and the purple stems started happening.now i know their somewhat stunted bc the growth isnt what it should be.

i dont even think light warrior has any nutrients at all..its just seed starter so the 1/3 of the roots organic medium in the tray i guess just wasnt enough nutes to last a couple weeks.im kinda worried bc ive had this problem in veg for a while now and am running out of ideas.the only thing i havent tried is feeding them a light dose of nutes early in week 2.

the water i was using was just tap water that was sit out to evaporate and had a bubbler in it.

4. and i read that a p deficiency causes purple stems and brown spots to develop on the leaves.cant be a p overload bc they havent gotten fed before the problems started.ive seen results of hot soil and it causes the leaf tips to brown..that didnt happen to my babies bc i only had a 1/3 part roots organic.

is it possible the seedlings used up all the N and P in the medium while in the propagation tray and thus developed the deficiency???

5. shit i didnt mean potassium i meant phosphorus! deficiency:rolleyes: