Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaporizing Stems?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TheProfessor, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Well I have about 3.5 Grams of grinded up stems and a Vape. I was wondering if I could Vaporize them without getting the headaches that come along from smoking them?

Thanks GC.

2. Try it. Usually if there is a small stem in my launch box...i ignore it and pretend I didnt see it. Never seem to get headaches when I do this lol.

3. I've vaped a few stems along with the green when my stash got low a few times without any ill effects.

Not sure about an entire bowl of ground up stems, though. That seems like it might be a bit of overkill. But idk, give it a go, worst that will happen is you'll get a headache for a bit.

4. wouldnt the "headache effect" only be from smoking stems rather than vaping them?

5. pretty sure you'll be okay, considering the fact that the vaporizer only extracts the cannabinoids and not the stem itself, which is what gives the headache effect. whether there's a significant amount of cannabinoids to get high, pretty much depends on what kind of bud the stems are from.

personally, though, i never got any kind of headache even from smoking stems. :smoking:

6. I just vaped some stems. It worked nicely. I found a great trick this week with stems. If you collect all your stems long term, grind them up a bunch and put them in a plastic bag. Shake the bag around a shitload. Now, if you get all the weed in a corner and tap the corner, you get tons of kief in that corner. From 3 grams of stems I got like 5 full vape packs of kief.

7. whats that like, man? i have a vaporbros with the whip, and kief tends to just get sucked through without vaporizing. ive topped it on some bud before, but its not the same as just the kief by itself.

8. Well I found a thread on here that experimented with Vaporizing stems. From the results it seems as if Vaping them would be pointless because you would have to use so much to get the desired effect. So that being said, I'm just gonna stick to the green :).

9. If you vaporize stems, you will lose vision in both eyes and your hair will fall out

10. I find it effective, I have a volcano though. Grind up mass amounts and put it all in there, so much kiefy goodness and the stems help the air get through so it is vaped thoroughly.

11. Thanks for that.

12. I use the Magic Flight Launch Box. I suck very lightly so I can get the vapor without disturbing the bud of kief inside. Stem kief is just as good as regular kief. It does taste more like a plant though.