Why are my seeds not germinating?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Trevo4311, Apr 27, 2010.

1. So I put 5 seeds in a wet paper towel in a glad container and put it under my dresser to keep it out of the light. Well today is the 3rd day they've been germinating and none of the seeds have sprouted. Most of my friends say they sprout in a day or less, but none of mine have. Am I doing something wrong? :confused: None of the seeds had cracks in them or looked damaged, they all looked pretty good they were the best ones I could find out of my collection.

2. Hey man, I'm not really sure why they aren't germinating. However I will tell you this, I had seeds that I got from the same plant and I germinated 5 in a wet paper towel folded a few times and put it in a ziploc bag under my bed (where its pretty dark in my room to begin with) and only 2 seeds germed and the tap root barely even came out after 3 days. Then I took the 3 ungermed seeds plus more I had and put them in a wet paper towel and put it on a plate and the put one palte over top of that plate and in literally 2 days all of the seeds germinated and really really well too. I think that you really need to submerge them in darkness, and clear containers won't cut it. But that's just what I think, I'll leave it to the experts to decide :) Good luck though buddy!