How To Make a Homemade Electric Tattoo Gun-

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by sCaKmY, Apr 4, 2005.

1. I remember kids in High School who did these, and thought they were cool.

And yes, you can get end up getting ink poisoning, it happened to a person I knew named Cody.

2. Wow, I can't believe you figured out how to make an electric tattoo gun. Did you make those instructions yourself? That's very intuitive.

3. Am I the only one not seeing pics at all?

EDIT: Two years old damn, I didn't see that.

4. i d never use that on myself or on others. besides the poisoning issue, i like my tatts to be by someone who's pro.

5. when i was fourteen, i let my friend tattoo me with one of these things. it's a d and a k, the symbol of my favorite band at the time, the dead kennedys. i left the pic large, so y'all could get a good look at it's shittiness.

[​IMG]

looks like poop on a stick :(

6. I'm making one veryy similliar(pretty much identical) but I'm using about half the outer shell of a pen without the metal tip.. hopefully the empty ink tube will still be enough to hold it into place.. oh and on mine instead of hooking the adapter to the motor I'm using a 9volt battery, it reallyyy helps to even out the weight and makes the gun mor balanced. but I'm wondering if the battery will make the needle too fast? most phone adapters range from about 3V to 6V, if the needles too fast or slow it will just cut your skin.. anybody know if a 9Vbat. is alright to use>?

7. Yes you can get ink poisoning. My friend tattooed herself this way and had to have a chunk of her flesh removed her skin got so infected.

Tattoo kits are like 150 bones. Do you really want to make a half ass gun to put half ass work on your body?

8. you wont shock yourself. the current goes straight through the wires, there might be a little shock when you put them together but it would be of less then when you get a static shock when you touch metal.. if you cant melt them together, your best option is to tape them together.. if you do that I would strip the wires about half an inch each so you can kinda stick all the threads through eachother and tape them alottt

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think getting it professionally done is worth the extra $

10. agreed.. i would suggest only using this half ass to put half ass work... on your ass. haa, or somewhere that people dont really see all that much..
    oh and for the ink thing, maybe if it was something reallll small it wouldnt really do anything but its risky.. pen ink = bad india ink = goood you can buy it at walmart or any craft store for pretty cheap

11. :eek:That looks like it is gonna get nasty.

12. If you are a tattoo lover who would wish to have one of these tattoos, it is important to understand what they mean and symbolize. There are hundreds or more prison-style tattoos since almost all prisons have their own style of tattoos

13. I'm sure there is a prison tutorial on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app