The Helix BONG

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by stephisdead, Apr 23, 2010.

1. lmfao, that pic is from my IOFFER account haha, these bongs are peices of shit...me and my buddies all have 6+ years of smoking behind us and have iron lungs and not one of us could clear one of these with less than 3 breaths...dont waste your time or money, but if your seriously interested Ill send you for 325 shipped, just PM me.

2. As a Helix glass owner for over a year, I have had the privilege to own both the 3-in-1 Helix and the straight shot Helix bong with the funnel. Here's my assessment-

The original Helix 3-in-1 is my favorite piece ever, and I'm no stranger to German Roors. They perfected the smoke-Bernoulli principle and it made for a highly pleasurable smoking experience.

When it broke, I got a Roor Classic and then the Helix bong arrived. I paid $300 and it is worth the money! I absolutely love how smooth it hits and when you milk it slowly- Helix is at its best again. Their diffusers are of great quality, nice thick glass, and a that joint accommodates both 14.4 and 18mm.

When the cold smoke swirls you're at the peak my friend.

3. My friend has a fuckload of pipes and bongs and vapes and the Helix is by far my favorite bong to smoke out of. It does take a lot of lung capacity to clear it but it doesn't really have as much drag as people are saying. It's nice and smooth, too- especially with ice. A couple hits leaves me pretty baked. My favorite :smoking:

4. On the contrary to a lot of the skepticism I've seen on this thread, the Helix rips AMAZING. I've had one for 2 months now, and it's what I use the majority of the time. In the past, I've had glass on glass pieces by HVY, Kaos, Pure (2 of them), and Phx ... and this one tops all of the aforementioned, even the PHX! (the PHX I am referencing to is the one that can be found in this picture ... http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/uploads/1235837-phx ash.jpg) Sometimes I'll put my PHX ash catcher on the helix, and it makes it rip differently (more like a normal perc bong, obviously due to the one in the ash catcher). Watch out hitting this thing w/out an attachment, it'll punch like a shotgun!

5. how much is it?

6. Hey guys! Hope I can shed some light on this issue:

My roommate just recently purchased the Helix Bong from a local shop, The Hideaway (we live in Minnesota) for $250 flat. The bong rips incredibly well and comes with a second Helix piece you put on under the slide. From personal experience, I have found that it works a lot better and more effectively when you take out this extra piece, but that's just my opinion. A great investment (at least if you can find it in that price range), and works just like a Helix pipe, but so much stronger. It also keeps your substance burning longer, and will go around a circle much more than your typical bong.

7. Damn, I feel like I got ripped off. I paid $495.99 for mine (the normal one w/orange font), especially when I see it go (or people getting it) for $250, $280, or the highest, $300. Then again, I live pretty far from California, so the shipping costs might have to do with it. Oh well, I freakin' love this thing still.

8. ....i cant even comprehend this right now...

also that vid (2nd) was sick. I kinda want...but im not gonna put money down on that shit. sg glass with toro for a sidekick man. thats the next buy i make.

9. Does anyone know of a shop that sells helix stuff in the denver/boulder. Please PM if you know i been calling shops all day and they havent even heard of them.

10. #30 gone4good, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    I have hit one of these goofy contraptions.
    and I will attest this is a piece of shit for the price with plenty of drag to match (that swirly vortex? thats drag).
    very awkward and unnatural bong to hit
    way better choices out there.

11. got a helix pipe broke the first day I was pissed, but was it the smoothet hit i took so i tape that sucker up and it works.

12. I think that you guys are RIGHT! that particular helix is older and does drag... BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW ONES??!!??!! THEY ARE SUPER KRAZY KNARLY LEGIT! Check em out at Cpt. Eds

13. You people would be much more successful at this marketing thing if you weren't so bloody obvious :/

14. My friend has one and they are alright but have horrible drag for the price you pay.

15. #35 superhit, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2011
    I also have a 3-piece helix pipe -best thing I bought in along time. Not so hot on the one hit bowl, others great. Fun to watch the smoke, but for me it all has to be clean like new - that part is a pain. Anyway, dont know if the pics will show up, took myself at local shop, they put the pics up their facebook page - so my bro could see in Germany.thought that was cool.

They got a Helix Bong with a Perc. (maybe rare?), which I've never seen before online -so I want it bad -but neg comments about its draw on this thread have me concerned -what about a Pure or Kaos straight with percs...dont like Tsunamis look. Talk to me about the helix -its what i want.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• wp5.jpg
      wp5.jpg
      File size:
      231.6 KB
      Views:
    • wp3.JPG
      wp3.JPG
      File size:
      168.5 KB
      Views:
    • dfgdg.jpg
      dfgdg.jpg
      File size:
      75.2 KB
      Views:
  16. i just got this bong. really nice but it has drag

17. i owned a helix waterpipe and it was the best piece i have ever bought it was $285 in houston and there is no drag what so ever, unless youre a girl

18. #38 Flowers4Powers, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
    Not sure fully yet.. Got the thing.. Will report back.

19. the reason the bowl is small is conserve weed. instead of torching an entire bowl to get a good hit, you just throw in a domer and snap it through. two to three domers and your fucked. its much more efficient and having tried one i can tell you first hand that their is no excessive drag to speak of. im not sure how you guys can get yourselves so hyped up over a you tube video. try something before you go ape shit.

20. LOL you could pack and smoke two or three one hitters in <20 seconds? Stop trolling