you will need:
1) 3-4 bic pens (the standard plastic white ones, not the clear hard kind)
2) one glass bottle with a largish cap (a glass coke bottle is too small, the lid needs to be one size larger) i prefer to use Arizona Green Tea bottles, because i love the drink and they are the perfect size and have a nice cap... something like this:
3) a very sharp knife or any sharp instrument
4) duct tape OR it's preferable to use metal tape, it's basically thin alluminum with stickiness on one side (this prevents accidental melting of the tape)
5) a small amount of sheet metal OR you can use an upside down coke lid (like from a 2-liter or a 20 oz bottle, you know what im talking about)
6) tin foil (if you opted to use the plastic coke lid.
whew ok now lets get to the construction
1) strip the bic pens, i.e take out the plug at the back, then remove the ink thing, so it's just a hollow tube
2) using your knife, make two holes on opposite sides of the top of the lid (the one that came on the GLASS bottle)
3) making the bowl: if you opted for the sheet metal - cut it into a circle (be careful, cut metal is VERY sharp and i have tons of cuts from being a dumbass with it), then cut a slit down to the middle from the edge, then sort of push the two sides together (hard to explain, but it makes a cone-type shape) don't make it too deep cause otherwise the greens cant get oxygen, use whichever tape to seal the loose edge. next, poke as many small holes as you think necessary, voila! the bowl is done
here is a picture of what it should look like:
if you opted for the plastic bottle lid bowl - poke as many holes into the bottom of the bowl as you need, then take tinfoil and line the bowl with it, i.e, the alluminum should fit the shape of the bowl, then poke a bunch of small holes in the tin foil too, voila! your bowl is done
here is what you should have so far, plus the bottle:
(as you can tell, i ran out of bic pens and had to use a thin marker for the last one)
4) duct/metal tape two of the emptied pens together at the end, this will be the tube that will take the smoke from the bowl to the bottom of the bong, so if you need more length, affix another bic pen
5) push the bowl straw up through the bottom of the lid, make sure the straw ends up stopping just before the bottom of the bottle
6) push the other straw (the sucking straw, the one you inhale smoke from) down from the top into the lid, it should only go down about an inch, if that.
7) almost there guys! last step! now just seal the edges around the straws with tape, hot glue, puddy, whatever, just make sure it's air tight, poke one tiny hole to the side of the straws, this serves as the carb
IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY DUCT TAPED THE LID TO THE BOTTLE dont worry! to add bong water, just poor it in the bowl hole, and suck on the sucking straw to relieve air pressure, and since the bowl is metal, you can just dry it with a towel
and here is what your final product should resemble:
here is another pic of one of my older ones, made from a champagne bottle:
well, thanks for checking this out guys, i hope it helped you in making a glass bong from scratch without an expensive glass drill, happy toking!!!
ps. the reason the lid on mine is taped in place is because it provides for a much more air tight bong, making hits bigger