Are you baked? Let me try to blow your mind

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by RollingRed, Apr 18, 2010.

1. there's so much wasted potential tho, everyone just does what they think they are 'supposed to do'. a horrible phenomenon if you ask me.

2. The definition of awesome is "inspiring awe or admiration or wonder." Even if you disagree with "admiration," you absolutely must agree on the other two qualities.

But I know exactly where you're coming from, and I'm glad you brought it up. We are undeniably assholes. If bears came and took over your house, you would be super pissed. Sorry. Bears again.

One of my favourite things to think about is whether our self-awareness and conscious thought processes is a good thing or not. Should we be allowed to know we exist? Should we be knowledgeable about things that have no bearing on our primitive survival as a species? There is no doubt that we are a bizarre entity. I agree that it is unquestionably negative for everything except us. But is a positive or negative for ourselves?

3. I enjoyed reading it.

4. Sort a reminds me of the Tower of Babel; when all of mankind was of one language.

With the internet, anyone can learn a new language when they want to. All a person needs to do is look at history to see what happens when people of different backgrounds interact; you get technological and cultural progress at an incredible pace. Look at the United States, for example.

5. The same laws of physics apply to the entire universe.

6. Sweet post man. My GF and I have been all into this shit lately, and your post totally opened me up to it even more.

I definitely plan to show my GF this on 420 after we're blazed!

7. According to us.

Haha. Glad to hear it!

8. This is one of the best things i've ever read high.

+rep yo.

9. Why thank you. That's a pleasant reaction. :)

10. Bump for 4/20

11. Plants>Humans?

12. No but

Marijuana>Vinvin

:metal:

13. Touche comrade. Very touche.

14. They may not have had IM, but Voltaire wrote everybody:)

15. We listen to other humans make noises with their vocal cords and call it singing. Sometimes we listen to it over and over. We're weird.

But the thing i hate is, many of us here seem to think this similar way, it just sucks when you meet people that really dont think like this. They just go on about their routine.

16. I like this :p

17. Duuuuuude. Me and my bud had a blazed convo about music all together, just like the OP. Seriously, think about music. HOW THE FUCK DID WE COME UP WITH IT!?!?!?!? REALLY!?!?!?

Try and describe music. You realize it's impossible right? How did someone have the idea about melody, rhythm, harmony, etc? How did anyone figure out that it sounded.....good?

And to the OP +rep. I love this crazy shit, keep blazing, keep using your brain to fight the machine!!!!

18. This is exactly how my high day-dreams are.

19. It probably came from instruments. And, people trying to mimic the sounds with the pitch/tone of the way they say words. Then, those words became meaningful words. Instruments came way before singing. Didn't they?

20. My point was how the fuck did someone figure out the instrumental technology? How did they come up with the idea of "music?"